Khepri's Book of Shadows and Other Good Things

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
Khepri

Khepri's Book of Shadows and Other Good Things

Post by Khepri »

I thought it would probably be a good idea to start one of these, since I don't really have the ability currently to have a physical book. It'd also be neat, I think, to store links related to belief and materials. Also, possibly writing my own thoughts down as well.

This is a very beautiful 'portable altar':
http://www.etsy.com/listing/52694483/be ... able-altar
Khepri

Re: Khepri's Book of Shadows and Other Good Things

Post by Khepri »

Table of Contents
(Yes, I obsessively organize everything!)

Knowledge And Other Arcana
+ Properties of Apple Wood
+ Names of Elemental / Directional Guardians

Spells
+ Spell: Blessing for a New Wand
Khepri

Post by Khepri »

Properties of Apple
Love, Healing, Garden Magic, Immortality

Apple (Queris)

Sacred to the Feast of Lughnasa and the Celtic Goddess Rhiannon, who is also one of Shava's masks, as Goddess of Stars and also of horses. Apple harvest comes on and after the feast of Lughnasa (August 1st) and marks one of the major foods of the Elves, often associated with the Faerie realms and the Isle of Avalon. Thus the wood has the power of Avalon and the immortality of the Faerie realms. The Q-rune is also called Quenda, in Elvish Eranor, which is the Rose bush whose bright colors evoke the spirit of light and love in the season of Lugh, or Obraash, Mellar of the Sun. Its sacred number is seventy; its sacred bird the rose-breasted grosbeak. Shamans and ancient poets are often described carrying apple branches as symbols of their office and the famous Silver Bough of Apple provided entry to Faerie. Especially suited to opening the doorways into Faerie, spells to do with horses or travel, illumination, enhancing any skill, love, harmony, and beauty, harvest, and magick of divine, shamanic madness or visionary experience.

See also: Apple Tree: Pyrus malus

(Taken from http://www.bardwood.com/woods.htm)

Female energy. The apple wand is symbolic of fertility, peace, plenty and joy. A tree that is sacred to Venus and the Celtic Goddess Rhiannon. Apple is a staple food of the elven and fairie realm.
Magical Properties: This is a powerful wood of choice for the witch when working with the fairie magick. Apple is a good wood for aiding in the propagation of skills, often used in love magick. Apple wood promotes peace and harmony, magick of light and the divine, and promotes visions.

(Taken from http://www.dragonoak.com/Magical-Wood-Properties.html)
Khepri

Post by Khepri »

Names of Elemental / Directional Guardians
Ravencry wrote:The English names of the Guardians are:
Air: Star Finder, who represents the power of Knowledge.
Fire: Shining Flame, who represents the power of Truth.
Water: Water Maker, who represents the power of Love.
Earth: Black Mother, who represents the power of Wisdom.
The Guardian of the Zenith (above) is Heaven Shiner, The Guardian of the Nadir (below) is Fire in the Earth, and they represent the power of Pure Consciousness.
The Guardian of the Center is regarded by Reclaiming as the same as the Guardian of the Gates, but by other Feri lines as the Witch Hirself.
The Guardian of the Gates is called when invoking the Mighty Dead.
(Taken from this post)
Khepri

Post by Khepri »

To bless a new wand

Lay it carefully on a black cloth. Sprinkle salt over it. If you have a bell, pass it over the wand three times, ringing it as you go. You can snap instead if you have no bell. Light a candle for each direction around the wand. Pick up the wand. Hold it up and point it toward the sky. Say strongly: "As it is above, so it is within my wand!" Then point the wand toward the ground and say: "As it is below, so it is within my wand!" Then point the wand in each direction. "As it is in the East, so it is within my wand!" "As it is in the West, so it is within my wand!" "As is in the North, so it is within my wand!" "As it is in the South, so it is within my wand!" Now, hold the wand close to your heart and say three times, "This wand is one with Me and my power flows through it!" Place the wand back on the salty black cloth, wrap it up, and set it in the light of the waxing moon for three nights. Next is time to pick a Deity to bless it, if you wish. With Apple, I recommend Eris, Demeter, Ceres, Juno, Aphrodite, Eve, or Gaea.

(written by )O( Krystal Raven )O()
Khepri

Post by Khepri »

I have been neglecting my book. I have much to transcribe here, so I will be updating more in the next little while!

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”