Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
skyslide

Tarot

Post by skyslide »

Can someone give me a link to a place to buy a good (yet inexpensive) deck of tarot cards?
skyslide

Re: Tarot

Post by skyslide »

Also...can you MAKE tarot cards?
Autumnal Rose

Post by Autumnal Rose »

Absolutely you can make them. I never have, though I think one day I will have a go, shame my artistic abilities are so rubbish. But I can think of nothing more personal to you than a deck you have designed and created yourself. You can actually buy blank tarot cards for this very purpose. I bet you would get excellent results from having such a close affinity with your cards.

As for buying them - ebay often have some bargains. There is some debate about whether you can use second hand cards. I personally feel that providing they are cleansed and dedicated to your own craft they will work for you fine.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I brought mine off ebay, they were brand new - sealed and only cost £4 inc p&P though this was last year so prices may have changed. Make sure you read the full description for online ones though. My friend didn't see the word 'mini' on hers and was very disappointed when they arrived.

I'm not sure where your from but if in the UK some of the cheaper book shops sell them in tinned sets complete with a guide book. Waterstones sell a nice pack based on the Rider Waite pack but I think they cost £10 - £15.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Zili

Post by Zili »

yes you can make your own also a regular deck of playing cards can work as an oracle deck.

if you make your own tarot just make sure to include the symbols 3 of cups have 3 cups on the card itself and so on
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Thanks guys. I actually found this great deck on Amazon, it's kind of animal-y. When I looked at the cards on the preview I knew they were the ones for me. I'm buying them today, so they should get here by tuesday or wednesday. I think I will make a deck one day when I have a little more experience with tarot.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Oh, and I think it comes with a book and all that. =)

Return to “Tarot Talk”