Just did my first Tarot reading for myself! :D

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Wolfen Fury

Just did my first Tarot reading for myself! :D

Post by Wolfen Fury »

It's weird, because I've had these Tarot cards forever, and I'd been all caught up in being a perfectionist with my Tarot journal that all I was doing was writing down the card meanings. Anyway, tonight I asked my cards a question that was extremely important to me, and in my opinion, I got an answer that made me really happy. Also, I use the Guilded Tarot. Beautiful deck.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: Just did my first Tarot reading for myself! :D

Post by Symandinome »

not sure if your aware or this or not but that booklet that comes with tarot cards giving you the meaning well you can just throw that away. When you read the tarot you should be looking at each picture in a case by case manner. They rarely mean the exact same thing each time. Many factors play into what tarot cards say such as whether or not hte card is inverted which is upside down also what other cards are around it can change the meaning of the card and also when we read tarot we look at the picture and we "feel" for what it is trying to tell us. Some do this by feeling the energy while others happen to notice something specific in the cards picture and it is through that image where the information comes.

I hope that made sense.

Tarot cards are just a tool to allow ourselves to open up to our own psychic abilities. The cards themself arent psychic.
roseonfire

Re: Just did my first Tarot reading for myself! :D

Post by roseonfire »

Congratulations! Smandndinome is right, of course. I find that knowing the book meanings is useful, but keep in mind that if your gut tells you that a card means something other than what the book says it does, follow your gut.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Tarot Talk”