Reiki question?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
AirSpirit

Reiki question?

Post by AirSpirit »

Is the craft of Reiki done by a person on another, or can someone do it on themselves? I would like to explore Reiki, but I do not like to be touched or like touching others. So, is it something one can apply upon themselves?

Thank you
MeallaAoi

Re: Reiki question?

Post by MeallaAoi »

Reiki can be performed on yourself, by yourself. However, the most effective treatments are usually performed by a more fully-trained professional.
Hope this helps!
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
AirSpirit

Post by AirSpirit »

Yes, it does. Thank you.

Blessed Be
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Reiki is the act of drawing down and sending universal energy through the hands to charge, heal and balance. Anyone can be a gateway for this universal energy however the more complex use of symbols as is tradition in Reiki and Terra mai can only be done by level 2 or level 3 masters. As a level one reiki, which is a single course you are taught how to access the universal energy, how to send it and to recieve it, breaking through any emotional blockades you might have.

Giving yourself reiki can be just as effective as recieving it, sometimes even more so because there is no trust issue and you usually know best where to send it anyway.

Hope this helped
Blessed be
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Moonlit Orchid

Post by Moonlit Orchid »

Can this be self taught or is necessary to have someone teach you?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Actual Reiki needs to be taught, magnitision can come natural to you and is sometimes confused for Reiki because many of the actions and feelings are the same. But when doing Reiki you will be taught different symbols to cleanse, heal, charge, summon etc and those can not be self taught. (can meaning, you could probably learn them by heart but would not be able master them as fully as when you were taught by a Reiki master.)

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

Reiki 1 is actually all about self healing.

Another thing about touching.. a reiki practitioner can beam reiki without touching the body. It is also possible to send distant healing.
I AM

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”