Feathers as Omens?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Feathers as Omens?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Xiao Rong wrote:Well, I did a bit of research/educated guesswork. As for the real feathers that I found: One (a long gray feather) I'm pretty sure is a pigeon feather (there are a lot of pigeons by my place). Another I believe to be a crow feather (quite long and dark gray / black). A third is a small, cute, gray feather (possibly also from a pigeon). The last is a downy white feather. And there is a fifth feather, although I can't remember where I put it. As for the dream feathers, I can't remember them well enough to guess. Suffice it to say, with the exception of the two gray feathers, I think they all come from different birds and are all quite different in shape, size, and color. It's also not like I go out of my way to find feathers -- I just see them in my path when I'm walking.

It might be Air trying to get my attention, but I generally feel quite comfortable with Air (Earth is the one that's hardest for me to connect to), so I don't know what it is. Of course, it could always be completely random, although it feels significant/synchronous to me.
That is what I was going to say.: Is it the air element popping up in your life over and over? I currently leaning to do divination with seashells, and I've considered trying to learn with feathers as well.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Xiao Rong wrote:I think I've made some progress on figuring out the feathers! I wrote about it on my forum blog here. Thanks to everyone who gave me guidance and advice!
And I find it awesome that in a spread to uncover the mystery of the feathers you drew 3 swords cards, which corresponded with air.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Thanks, Rosie. I don't know, I think I've always had a special relationship with the element of Air -- I've always been pretty bookworm-y, intellectual, and very interested in the notion of justice. I did recently just start grad school, so that could be it, too.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Feathers as Omens?

I don't think it's telling you to streghthen your relationship with air, like is isn't strong enough. But maybe because your connection was so strong, feathers were a great way to reach you and give you a message or lead you to discover something.

Rosie
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Not only am I glad you got it figured out I am glad you showed using your cards for communication with deity. I don't think some people know you can do that. I have before and it's very productive. Thank you for sharing.

Return to “General Divination”