Having a tiny problem

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Having a tiny problem

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

When I first started trying to do astral projection, it worked out quite well. The experience was an intense rush that kept me coming back. I let myself "get out of practice" and now I'm finding it hard to escape myself, and go into the astral realm. It's frustrating, having discovered my spirit guide, I now can't go and see him in his realm. *sigh* My theories are energy block, or just stresses and other wordly concerns weighing me down. Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

You don't need to project to commune with the guides. Just go deep within yourself and you'll likely find them there. Perks of being connected with such beings ;)
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

r.u. using any substance which may assist you in this endeavor?

(If so, don't name it...but try something else)

(If not, perhaps you should try it?)

Thet
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

You learnt to ground? Or maybe you got wise? :P

Are you doing shamanistic travel?
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Atraveler,

me? Aw...I could go into it but then there'd be all kinds of craziness....yes...I'm a firm believer in conscious altering substances as religious practice.

If you mean the o.p....no he's actually upset about this...
The Mystic Pilgrim

Post by The Mystic Pilgrim »

For what it's worth, I've found that as my life becomes more and more hectic and stressful, the less connected to the otherworlds - and the beings in those realms - I feel. While I might feel a little lost in that state, my guides and guardians always seem to find a way to reach me, even when I can't reach them.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

First of all I will never use "aides" in my "endeavors" because I have a highly addictive personality and, well enough said. I actually meditated last night and did very well, got into some intense out-of-body stuff, twas nice. A tiny click noise in my room snapped me out of it... and coming out of meditation, that relaxation so fast gave me a splitting head ache instantly. The problem seems to be taking care of it self.

A large part of me thinks that because I havn't been on a forum, or talking to other Pagans, and magickal folks for such a long time, I began to lose faith (for lack of a better word) in magick. I always use magick, and I didn't really lose faith so much as was longing for conversation with other Pagans, and magickal folks.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Well, hey that's cool...whatever wurx for you.

I would say though, not to offend, that even the ideal of "an addictive personality" is fairly American and the question of using consciousness altering substances is a thoroughly acceptable practice in many cultures.
I might add that, if we use this moniker to place others into the category, how many tribal shamans, Indian saddhus and mystics might there be fitting the profile?

I'd wager over 50%...;)

Thet
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Thoroughly acceptable.Yes.But there are lots of methods for altering consciousness.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Geri wrote:But there are lots of methods for altering consciousness.
Exactly ... just don't sleep for 5 days :P works for me :D
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Actually, Geri, Sobek, this would be great as a separate topic..
Now where did they put that mysticism forum?
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I've posted on altered consciousness/trance/state of flow,several times.I could dredge my posts up here.Hang on.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=5872
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

To the o.p.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... 3598#63598

beware though...even sleep dep can be "addictive"

Have fun!

Thet
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

beware though...even sleep dep can be "addictive"
I can voutch for this. I've been an insomniac since I was a baby. I still think... oh, blast it, sleep *again*??? It's only been 48 hours... ;-)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”