Automatic Writing (well, typing)

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
ShadoWitch

Automatic Writing (well, typing)

Post by ShadoWitch »

Hey everyone, I would just like to share one of my gifts with you. I have been doing this since I learned to type. I sit at my keyboard (or typewriter, or NEO), light some incense if I can, close my eyes and let my fingers do the talking. Sometimes what comes out is gibberish, but I've talked to spirits, written prophecies that have come true, and more than once tapped into the mind of a friend (that was an accident). Does anyone have any similar experiences to share?
evanlie

Post by evanlie »

this is amazing! i was able to get a vision once but nothing like that!
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I'll have a go?
ShadoWitch

Re: Automatic Writing

Post by ShadoWitch »

Let me know how it goes. :D Ev, I'm not a visual person AT ALL, so I think the fact that you can have visions is amazing (if you had one, you can have more).
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

I used to do that with writing...lol...being necroscope is fun during that when you space. I realized what it was when I watched Sixth Sense...

but yeah...it is a good gift to have sometimes...and some times it unblocks writers block :P I love it
doghorse

This happened to me once

Post by doghorse »

I was staying in an old hotel known to be haunted and was really looking forward to it and hoping to have experiences. I sure did. That night I head piano music (no piano in the hotel), banging in the walls and woke at 4AM with a POUNDING headache after nightmares all night. 2 coworkers in rooms around me had the same experience. Our rooms formed a triangle too. They even had the nightmares and pounding heading at 4AM.

The next night I was sending an email. Mid email I typed: "we are not here for your entertainment. We are not a freak show. You will respect us and thus you will be respected too" I wasn't trying to automatic writing, it just happened. I thought, yes..you're right. I was expecting an entertaining experience. I apologized to the spirits in the room and told them I had 2 more nights to spend there and we could coexist peacefully. No more nightmares after that. It was quite remarkable and I valued it.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

It happened twice memorably. Once I was writing in the 3rd person in my journal about one of my spirit guides. Then suddenly I was writing in the the first person and I could feel his energy as though it were my own. He is one of my regular spirit guides, so I wasn't worried about it. Normally, I would not have permitted anything to jump into me like that. I started shaking as I wrote, and I was writing frantically in the margins, everywhere, until the message was imparted. Then suddenly, the feeling just stopped. The writing stopped. His energy withdrew. I had written about this idea he had about teaching yogic principles of self-control to children, utilizing visual art as the medium of instruction. He felt very strongly that this would be an effective method. I thanked him for the input. Since I have an interest in eventually pursuing art therapy, I decided to file this idea away for the time being, and perhaps revisit it at a later date.

They come through like this with these messages, and we have the choice to act on them, or not. They are interested in us according to our inclinations, which will find a resonance with the talents or abilities they mastered during their Earth-plane lives. That resonance is what attracts them to us. And we will be likewise attracted to Earth-plane people when we are one day in the spirit realm ourselves. doghorse, above, decided to respect the spirit's wishes after receiving the emailed message, probably a wise choice. But she could just have well have ignored it too (and probably suffered the consequences of a very annoying spirit). It would have been her right, and fully within her power, either way. I totally believe that the OP "tapped into a friends head" during an automatic writing session. It could happen.

Another time, I was typing out an "angel card reading" to send someone, and the angelic being dictating the message stepped into my energy and I started writing the message in first person. It was a very pleasant energy, very beautiful, kind of a high. I was in a trance-like state, and I wrote terms like, "Dear One," etc., things I don't normally say, ever.

It's not something I do normally, but occasionally it happens, and if it feels safe, I'll allow it. Some metaphysical authors write whole, channeled books "under the influence" like this. For instance, most (all?) of Sanaya Roman's work is channeled stuff. Rose Vanden Endyn often channels writings for spirit beings. The late author and teacher, Ted Andrews, however, did not believe it was OK to let spirits channel-write through him, period. Paraphrasing what he wrote in one of his many books: "They had their chance to say what they wanted to say. It's my turn now."

So, how you handle it is a matter of personal preference.

whitewitch

Post by whitewitch »

This is like any form of psychic information and is something that appears to happen to you with ease. Document everything so that you can keep a history of the way you are working. Everyone who enters the world of metapysics seems to have a different journey, accept your gift and let it evolve. You may want to try writing at the same time each day you will find the messages become stronger and clearer by doing this.
newcrusader

Automatic writing - bad experiences with an unhelpful spirit

Post by newcrusader »

I have a bit of a strange story. . . I started automatic writing almost 20 years ago, and I often wish at the very least I could have learned how to better prepare myself (not that I have figured out how to do so completely).

I can't remember the name of the book in which I first read about it. I do remember the book never mentioned anything about spirit contact, rather the book mentioned that it was a way of contacting the subconscious, so that's how I framed things in my mind when starting.

I wish I had kept all of the writings, because a nightmare began for me and it would have helped others with a more open mind determine whether I was really losing it back then.

From the very beginning, I was being given lies in response to every question I asked, except a very few instances where it involved things which I could readily observe with my regular senses. For some reason, though, I believed everything at first just because I thought I was getting information from a more knowledgeable source. For months I thought I was getting information directly from God, since at least a few messages strongly implied this.

I never got winning lottery numbers with automatic writing. I actually used it to help me with a class project in my freshman year in college, and being the ignorant person I was, did not bother to verify information (I thought it came from God, and well, God doesn't make mistakes or lie!). The result was that I ended up in some serious hot water with the professor and ended up having to redo the project.

An interesting thing was that a few months after I started automatic writing, I started losing the ability to do it as the messages starting coming in through clairaudience (or telepathy, I don't know which anymore). One afternoon after the switchover, I was told that someone would visit me at night for something I'm too embarrassed to post here. That night, instead of what was promised, I felt my body vibrating for a while - looking back on it, I'm starting to suspect this was a possible kundalini awakening.

Unfortunately, the messages and so-called guidance were still not helpful in any way. I ended up spending a semester in the psychiatric ward of a hospital, followed by months and months of visits with the psychologist who basically condemned automatic writing and other occult practices - all because of these lies (and basically nothing but lies) from whatever it was giving me messages.

I got distracted from studies since I returned to college, and between then and my next long break from studies, I also lost a friend because of a "just friends" letter I dictated from so-called "guidance" which contained a section which she misinterpreted to mean something I never said.

Since then I had a hard time trusting any messages, regardless of the method, and over the past two years at least, I stopped believing any messages that came to me. Recently I get messages from something claiming to be "Mother Shakti" (or some variation of this Hindu goddess), sometimes channeled through me, and when I ask for proof of whatever is being told to me, I get nothing but complaints. So I believe nothing from "her". Even messages I've been getting for a year now telling me I will marry a specific person are rejected; until whatever it is starts telling the truth, I refuse to follow "her" advice.

Fortunately, I have never lost consciousness one time while doing automatic writing. But almost never getting anything truth using this particular method is never a good thing.

One time I tried violet flame and other protection methods on myself, and the lying entity (or entities) went away, apparently, but that was only temporary. But I have not found any effective methods recently to get only truth-telling entities to contact me.

At one point in the past a friend told me that automatic writing is comparable to a ouija board. I wish I had known. Better yet, I wish I had known everything I needed to know to prevent the bad stuff from happening to me in the first place.

While I have been typing this, I've been briefly taken out of consciousness several times. I hope it is not related to any of this automatic writing/clairaudience drama!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Note: Always defer to your healthcare provider first before following advice from anybody, including me, on this message board. I make the following suggestions to you as I would suggest them to anyone else here. But if your psychologist has advised you against practicing meditation or any psychic defense techniques, then don't follow any of my suggestions and defer only to his instructions.

newcrusader wrote:Since then I had a hard time trusting any messages, regardless of the method, and over the past two years at least, I stopped believing any messages that came to me. ...until whatever it is starts telling the truth, I refuse to follow "her" advice.
Shut out the the messages for now
I completely agree that the approach you've taken is your best bet for now. Think for yourself. No matter what seems to be trying to come through to you from other entities, focus only on: "What do I think I should do about this matter?" and so forth. Keep refraining from listening to any "thing" other than your own self. I suggest you meditate daily, if you don't already. I rattled out some tips in a recent post I wrote about mindfulness and mediation, so I won't repeat them here.

During your meditation, I suggest you practice learning to ground and center your consciousness. By starting to practice these techniques during your meditation time, you could eventually be grounding, centering and even shielding yourself at all times, as much as you think to do them. If you search these subjects you may find some good threads on this message board, such as this one about shielding. Meditating regularly will, I think, help you learn "discernment," an ability to separate the wheat from the chaff, which I think is the real issue here. But again, if you've been advised not to meditate at all, then don't.

newcrusader wrote:.....I often wish at the very least I could have learned how to better prepare myself (not that I have figured out how to do so completely)
.....One time I tried violet flame and other protection methods on myself, and the lying entity (or entities) went away, apparently, but that was only temporary.

...But still practice psychic protection, consistently

Psychic protection is just good "energy hygiene." It's not something one does out of any fear, as the word "protection" may imply, any more than one brushes one's teeth out of fear. Rather, it's just a way to stay "clean." Clean means peaceful, in that you are not carrying around other peoples' (including discarnate people) energetic excrement.

I would venture that the problem with your approach to psychic protection is the "one time" aspect of it, the line of thinking that one could protect oneself for all time, "do so completely" as you put it. It doesn't work that way. It takes a constant effort, and whatever "protection methods" you've come across, you would do well to practice them on a regular basis, as in daily, and indefinitely. You have a penchant for being open to channeling. That's not going to change. It's who you are, it's how you're "built" mentally. It's a part of your life now. You're like a diabetic who discovers he must shoot himself with insulin for the rest of his life; he couldn't say, "well, two months ago I gave myself an insulin shot, so I'm good now for the rest of my life."

I'll give you another example: using a psychic protection technique one time and expecting it to remain effective indefinitely, is like brushing your teeth once in your life, and expecting them to stay clean forever ....years later, with your now greenish, thickly-plaque-covered, extremely smelly teeth, you're wondering, "why do my teeth stink? I brushed them really well ...that 'one time.' "

So your protection methods only worked temporarily because you haven't been using them consistently.

newcrusader wrote:...But I have not found any effective methods recently to get only truth-telling entities to contact me.
Given your ability to channel so easily, I don't believe you necessarily need a method to "get" any entities to communicate with you. Again, I think the real issue, rather, is for you to learn discernment. It will come with time. You've had to learn from the School of Hard Knocks, for sure.

More later.

.... the book never mentioned anything about spirit contact ...rather the book mentioned that it was a way of contacting the subconscious, so that's how I framed things in my mind when starting.

.....For some reason, though, I believed everything at first just because I thought I was getting information from a more knowledgeable source. For months I thought I was getting information directly from God, since at least a few messages strongly implied this....and well, God doesn't make mistakes or lie!

.....I was told that someone would visit me at night for something I'm too embarrassed to post here......a possible kundalini awakening.

....the psychologist who basically condemned automatic writing and other occult practices - all because of these lies (and basically nothing but lies)

....I refuse to follow "her" advice.

.....At one point in the past a friend told me that automatic writing is comparable to a ouija board.

......I wish I had known. Better yet, I wish I had known everything I needed to know to prevent the bad stuff from happening to me in the first place.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”