Magic working question

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
sylphaxiom

Magic working question

Post by sylphaxiom »

I was wondering if distance would make a difference on magic work? As in, if there were a few people in a different places that did the same ritual at the same time thinking of each other with the same intent, would it matter that they were miles apart?
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Ah, interesting question.

I beleive it is very powerful when people all over the world do things like this. The energy can have a momentum that can alter the lives of all others on the planet.

This is what groups like the Gold Ring try to do with meditations of positive energy pouring out to everywhere done daily try to accompish.
See this page for more info on this: http://goldring.wetpaint.com/page/MEDITATION

A women I lived with once told me that there is actually a tipping point for human evolution. That once enough people raise their personal vibration then the vibration of the whole human race will be raised.

Now this is interesting because it suggests that we don't even have to be sending out energy to effect anyone else. We simply need to focus on our own development.

Many people, like myself would be prone to support this idea because I'd say we are connected to everything and more importantly everyone. As a human race we are tightly grouped to each other's evalution. Can you imagine president Bush waking up with an enlightened mind one day?
hahah... oh boy I just gotta stop

My love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

Interesting Y0m, thank you. I started this thread to see if there is something we can do for Firewolf's problem on a thread called "The Controller" I believe he needs what help we can and I suggested that, even though many of us are not remotely in the same place, we could unify and work the same spells and such at the same time to combine the energy we use. I think it would be a useful event and possible very helpful in any other situations that are in need of more than the solitary
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

im down. set the day/time
im a lil lazy tho when it comes to spells. i prefer to lay in the grass and look at clouds :D

But ill send energy with my mind, soul, and body when it's important.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

sounds fair, it is Firewolf's thing tho so we will have to converse with him on the details.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Well, if you go with the Buddhist idea that every one and thing is connected, then I think many people no matter where they are doing if not the same exact spell but something for same intent, like healing someone, would have quite the effect. It's kinda like when an entire church prays for the better of someone or a family and it actually works out.

And Y0m, I love the avatar. <3 Tibetan prayer flags!!!!
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

That sounds like a plan Firewolf. Keep us posted as to what you are planning. I needed to do a little circle work and the next full moon sounds like a good plan to me.

The year and a day thing, seems to be a regular occurrence in magic work and the etherical world.
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

If you need to, you can always PM me. I'm always here to help however I can.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”