Ritual to Connect With Friends

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Falcon_Heart27

Ritual to Connect With Friends

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hi everyone! I wrote this ritual to connect with friends, old and new, and it has worked incredibly well for me. I'll post the spell first, and then tell you about my results afterwards.

Ritual to Connect With Friends by Falcon_Heart27

What you'll need:
• blue thread/string
• a feather that you like
• whatever you use to cast a circle (if you cast one)
• Gardenia incense (optional)

Steps:

Beginning note: this works best if performed during a waxing or full moon.

1. If you're using incense, charge it with your energy and positivity, envisioning yourself becoming more open to embracing new friends.
(Note: gardenia incense promotes peace and attracts friendship, but use whatever incense you have or feel is appropriate, if you choose to use some.)
Light your incense, and then set about casting your circle.

2. You may choose to invoke god(s)/goddess(es) so if you do so, do that now. Light their candles.

3. (This is how I cast a circle. do whatever works for you, although I really like this method. ;) I use a feather in place of an athame, but you don't have to, of course. Although the feather is used later in the ritual, so you'll need it for that.)

Take your feather, and face North, holding it straight out in front of you. Say, "Earth, earth, come to me, lend me your stability."
Turn to the East and say, "Air, air, come to me, lend me your swiftness."
Turn to the South and say, "Fire, fire, come to me, lend to me your passion."
Turn to the West and say, "Water, water, come to me, lend me your clarity."
Raise your feather straight into the air and look to the sky. Say, "Universe, universe, part of me, fill me with your energy."
Light your elemental candles.

4. Take a seat in front of your altar/working space and take a short moment to breathe and relax in the presence of the beautiful candles. I find that it is best to do spellwork when you're at peace.

5. Take your thread/string. I use blue because it opens communications and etc., but you may choose to use yellow (for friendship), pink (platonic love), or any other color that you identify with friendship and/or openness.

6. Begin tying knots in the string. With each knot, chant this incantation:

"Under hill and over sea
Reunited we shall be
A stronger connection has never been
Than that between our spirits, kin.

So, by whatever means we can
Regardless of our native lands
Reunited we shall be
Under hill and over sea."

Move down a few centimeters and tie another knot, repeating the incantation. With each knot, visualize yourself growing close to new/old friends, finding new friends, strengthening existing relationships, etc....

7. Once you have finished, wind the thread around the feather and hang it in a window where it will get plenty of moonlight.

8. Close your circle, dismiss the elements, blow out the candles, thank your deities, etc. etc.

9. Get a good night of sleep, and the next morning, take the feather from the window. Put the feather away. If you choose to ritually dispose of it, like burning or burying, feel free to do so, but mine is a part of my altar tools! :o

10. Tie the string around your ankle or wrist. Take it off if you need to (showering/dishes/whatever) but wear it often, and especially when coming into contact with friends or going to a social event where you may meet new people. At the time of writing this, I have been wearing mine continuously for three weeks. It has discolored, but is as potent as ever and has been giving great results!

11. Well there you go, there's my ritual! If you used it, please let me know how it worked for you! I also love hearing any comments/criticism. This is entirely my original work, so: Please do not repost this anywhere else, or make slight edits and claim as your own. (Not that I think anybody here would do that.)

Thank you!

Ending notes: while this has been an incredibly successful ritual for me, I should make clear that this (and all other spells/rituals) won't do ALL the work for you. Make an effort to keep up communications, and try to take opportunities where you might meet new people. If you put in the effort, the magic will help you along!

~Falcon

Okay, ritual over, now it's time to talk about my results.

Firstly, my reasons for writing this ritual were simple. I was feeling distant from my friends, alienated from my peers, and inferior to those who I wished to befriend. (I also may or may not have Avoidant Personality Disorder, but I've only read a bit about it, and I'm not quick to self diagnose, although I identify quite a bit with what I've read.)

Anyway....

Like I said, I've been wearing mine continuously for about three weeks, and gotten GREAT results, including:

• drastically improving communication between me and my somewhat distant best friend

• finding like-minded people on Tumblr and quickly befriending them (which is something that has proven very difficult for me in the past, with the whole inferiority feeling)

• being contacted by old friends via social media

• going on a trip with older students, most of whom I felt looked down on me because I was younger, but immediately was accepted by them and we get along well!

• I found myself in a situation where I had the opportunity to bond with these two REALLY COOL guys that, in the past, I thought were way out of my league (in a friend way, no romantic interest) but we're actually very like-minded, we've talked and hung out for a little bit on various occasions, and I think there's a budding friendship here. :D

• I went to summer camp, and bonded really quickly with my cabin mates. Usually in a situation like that, I don't adapt well and I keep to myself. But I made new friends very quickly, and also, reconnected with another old friend (whom I thought I'd never see again), and am now keeping up communications with that said friend.

• Also at summer camp, I got my first slow dance. It was awkward, but hey, it counts for something. :P

• So there's the results of my ritual! I hope anyone who tries it reaps the same riches! :)

~Falcon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ritual to Connect With Friends

Post by Firebird »

Wow sweetie, I really like this one...see what a little positive reinforcement ritual does for our brain?!
Making furrows in grey matter in all the right places :mrgreen:
congrats on the slow dance, smiley_dance I remember that being terribly awkward also :roll:
blessed be,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Falcon_Heart27

Re: Ritual to Connect With Friends

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

firebirdflys wrote:Wow sweetie, I really like this one...see what a little positive reinforcement ritual does for our brain?!
Making furrows in grey matter in all the right places :mrgreen:
congrats on the slow dance, smiley_dance I remember that being terribly awkward also :roll:
blessed be,
Firebird

Thanks, Firebird! <3
I agree, it is all about making those "furrows". Thinking about it psychologically can take the "fun" and "magic" out of things sometimes, but I know that I've probably made so much progress just because I'm believing I can. :P

On the other hand....
Unfortunately, this week, my three best friends from middle-school told me that they've been "putting up with my crap for too long", that I'm "pretty damn annoying" and that they don't even care to try to fix things. (And believe me, I tried.) They just out-of-the-blue cut all ties with me.

I was devastated, but then I realized, maybe this is just a part of the growth. My ritual (and my own work) brought many new, like-minded people my way, and in turn... Cycled out the people who, after some thought, I suppose have been a negative force in my life for some time now. (We've been drifting apart for a few years and they've been mistreating me quite a bit.)

It breaks my heart to lose my "best friends" but it also makes me realize that maybe they weren't as good of friends as I thought they were, despite being together for years. Things were deteriorating, and one girl in particular was very problematic.

So, I feel relieved. In cutting these ties, I have cut out negativity, and the past. It left me raw and a little broken, but I have a lot of new friends to hold close, and I'm ready to start painting a new beginning for this new phase in my life.

Sorry for the long post, I've needed to get this out lately. :P

Blessed be,

~Falcon

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”