Show Pictures of your Altars! Wiccan Altar Photos

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
IvyLee

Re: Show Pictures of your Altars! Wiccan Altar Photos

Post by IvyLee »

This is mine. :) No statues, or anything interesting like that. It's not complete yet, so I still have no scrying mirror or athame. Could be a few other things I'm missing, but I'm not sure.

The notebooks underneath the purple book are actually my fiance's. He didn't want anything fancy, and to protect them from wax and to keep them flat, I put them under the heavy book. The big green one in the middle is my BOS. (I love to decorate it, and it's in Theban.) I stained the pages with tea, and then I write in green ink in calligraphy. I'm very, very creative when I put my BOS together, because as a person, i'm really creative. It means something to me. :) It's also the pride of my altar. XD XD XD

faery_dreams

Post by faery_dreams »

No pic yet because it is a work in progress, just like me ;)

But ... I have very limited space right now as we are staying with my boyfriend's mom, so I hung up a shelf to make a wall altar. What's on it is a very interesting story.

I was looking through a box I hadn't unpacked yet and I found some things that were my parents' and grandparents'. I found all of this in the same box, oddly enough:

A sun & moon double candleholder
A panther dish that now has pretty rocks in it
A flying faery oil scented oil burner
A dragon candleholder
A mermaid & seashell dish.

I love it :)
Tegywn

Post by Tegywn »

All of you have really beautiful altars. Here are a couple pictures of my altar.
Here is how my altar is currently set up with my Book of Shadows, sword and stuff.
IMAG0011.jpg
My altar has a great full width drawer. Perfect for storage and an awesome place to put my BoS during rituals.
IMAG0015.jpg
Under my altar is plenty of storage for my small collection of books and other supplies.
IMAG0016.jpg
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

MsMollimizz_ :D -love your pentacle. Is it on a stone? I have one almost exactly like it! I painted it on a river stone that I found many years ago. The only difference I see in them is the colors used. I also painted the other side with a spiral Goddess symbol. I'm at the public library at the moment or I would post a pic of it.
Blessings~ Stonewitch
autumnmoon

Post by autumnmoon »

This is what my altar usually looks like. Just recently though, I had the idea of decorating it for the fall and this is what it looks like now
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1351996774568.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351996683904.jpg
Zili

Post by Zili »

currently my poor altar is supporting boxes from my move on top, some supplies inside the cabinet (I have a stand-alone cabinet that my mother gave me years ago that originally started life as a microwave stand, when it came into my possession I used it as a night stand until I became pagan, although to be honest as a night stand it was still pretty much an altar lol.) Right now the majority of my altar pieces are under my small borrowed computer desk in a basket until my friend's fiancé makes my witch's box which will be my traveling altar.
staticsan

Post by staticsan »

I'm still very much learning what works and what doesn't work for me. But I've got the start of a basic altar. I'll describe it rather than post a pic for reasons which will become clear.

I have a yellow cloth as a covering and there's a blue one I need to find to go underneath. One or the other (I forget which) was part of a manhood initiation I did a few years ago. Currently behind the cloth is my incense holder for whichever incense stick I'm burning this time.

On the the cloth are two candles, a red one on the left the God and a blue one on the right for the Goddess. Don't know why I bought those two colours originally, but when I discovered a guide that put a dark one on the left and a light one on the right, the red and blue just felt so right. In front of them are two pieces of unpolished quartz; a dark one for the God and a light one for the Goddess. Between them is my bowl/cauldron, a find in a second-hand store and currently empty.

Below the bowl is the working candle, and then my athame. The athame is a kitchen knife which was never the right size for my hands, so it got repurposed. It just so happens to have a black handle, but it's not double-edged.

I have just found two images, one for the God, one for the Goddess, off the 'net and have been ordered and paid for, but they aren't here yet. Likewise, I don't have a pentacle stone as yet and am trying to decide quite what I want. I'm also still looking for a chalice and for a salt-bowl, though I have a candle-plate which is technically superfluous so I think it will get repurposed. When it feels more complete, I'll take a pic.

And my Book of Shadows is a Scrivener file on my PC! My craftiness does not lie in decorating but in words, and since I use Scrivener for writing, I found it to be excellent for collating my BOS, too.

Wade.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

You are all such beautiful little souls !!!
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
AnnaliMoon

Post by AnnaliMoon »

All of you have beautiful altars! Don't worry if you don't have much stuff or anything. I certainly didn't have a lot starting up. It will build and change over time. I have new pictures to show. I'll update my reply here with them.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I started a new sub-forum for altar pics (and pics of pagan decor and magical tools), so please create your own thread for future posts. Feel free to repost your original pictures to your new thread if you'd like.

If you posted your pictures in 2013 I moved them to a separate thread for you, along with any comments that were specific to your pictures.

BB,
Starwitch
Selena Silverlynx

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Here is mine!
photo(7).JPG
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)

Return to “Altar Pictures”