Show Pictures of your Altars! Wiccan Altar Photos

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

I see daggers in some of the nice altars I see here.
May I ask? - What is the athame used for?
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

The athame is used to cut the spiritual, open doors to a circle and manipulate energy.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

An athame is not used to physically cut anything, i use it to direct energy and to draw the sigils for each element in the air when i am casting circle.... i sometimes use my wand for this too but im more of an air girl than fire i think (athames hehe)

Pix
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I loved seeing everyone's alters! It has given me ideas in making my own. :) I was trying to figure out how I could move my stuff around in my room to have a place for one. (While my roommate is very open to me and my lifestyle, I don't want to open up a can of worms when her family comes over or cause problems with her family in anyway... or possibly have anything broken.)

Right now I have a wooden chest that I have everything in, which is great for storage, but it would be nice to be able to call a circle without dragging everything out constantly and then putting it away.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Why dont you make that chest your altar? Lay a cloth over it and place your things... and when the family comeS simply put em all inside..:)
And not all alters look witchy , for example a few candles and gems could be taken as a feng sui decoration.
Personally i never leave my personal things exposed, my bell, runes and cards are in one of my alter drawers and my book of shadows in my wardrobe because its a bit big for my drawer. And its still under construction. The reason i keep them hidden is because they are something personal and important to me, besides my family would freak out and start asking things..yeah...so no:P
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

my stuff is kinda scattered around my room. i have my tarot cards and books in my cupboard, my stones on my table, the candles next to my bed, my cauldron (oh yea, finally got myself a cauldron) under the table and loadsa mini states and papyrus paintings of egyptian gods and goddesses surrounding the place..... i guess in an odd way my room has become my lil alter, shame i have no space to do anything in there.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Lucky you!
My parents would freak if i had any of those, although im asking them to get me some tarot cards(:

Blessed Be,
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Yeah... that's true... I do like to keep those things personal. I have TONS of books on Wicca/Witchcraft and "Religion" in general... I keep most of my things hidden in that chest in a little storage area in my coat closet in my bedroom. I feel kinda bad putting them in there... like I'm still "in the closet" about it. (harharhar)

I did come in my room one day and my GF was reading one of my wiccan books though. She acted like I had just caught her ripping it in half. lol! I was like, "No! I want you to know about it! Keep reading!"
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Haha.
I dont have any books...YET.
I have to get some moneyy, and then i can get some books on Wicca.
I have this HUGE bookcase in my room, with all of these books, and i can just stick it in there(:
GO LIBRARY!

Blessed Be,
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

yeah, I love books so I have a big supply. I keep my Wicca books openly on my bookcase in my room... because that's no biggy. I've also learned to not hide being Wiccan. I usually tell someone right-off when it's a "could I date this person" type thing. But friends usually find out in time, just like anything else.

I usually try to stay away from the discussion of religion all together (unless I absolutely know for sure that it won't explode into a nasty negative blast of hate)
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Yea, i tell and wear my wiccan stuff openly, but my parents, they are rude and cruel, and they dont care about anything at alll.
I mean, my daddy is muslim, and damn. STRICT.
But, i will tell them when im older and out of their control.

Blessed Be,
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

Ginger Faith! wrote:Lucky you!
My parents would freak if i had any of those, although im asking them to get me some tarot cards(:

Blessed Be,
lol my mum is fine with it, though she hasn't seen the cauldron yet :roll: she's always asking me to do her tarot reading. my grandparents on the other hand think i'm just being silly with stuff and think it's all rubbish.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Hah!
I would be dead and buried if my mom find out i do spells on them(:

Blessed Be,
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

my dad was really pissed off about my alter he think's it's silly. he believes that wicca is all nonsense. ahh what does he know :P . my dad is totally old school. but my mom said i had a nice alter she asked if my dagger is sharp i said no. she took my last pocket knife grrr it was so cool. i'v been hunting around the house for it where in goddess name did she put it?? :shock:

I am actually going to give my wicca alter a new look, i love purple so i was thinking using satin for the fabric, and do some bead work for the trim. i have loads of beads at home. :D it's going to be so much fun i head out to the fabric store. :)

blessed be :D
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Haha,
I REALLY needa learn how to sew. That sounds like something fun, hard work, but in the end itll be good. I mean i know the feeling of satisfaction when you see the end result, you know?
Yea, i think ill ask my mom for help. She makes a lot of pictures.

Blessed Be,

Return to “Altar Pictures”