Who are the Guardians in a Circle?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who are the Guardians in a Circle

Post by Firebird »

I had a friend that told me her group rationalized salamander as fire representative due to the fact they hid in piles of wood. When you go to throw log on the fire they come running out. Now I have yet to see a salamander in the wild or in wood and as I understand salamanders are water loving creatures. I live in dry dry so. Cal. and fire is a regular occurrence, with a mind of it's own and path that only it knows, I wouldn't doubt the there is an entity that drives it, and just because we can't fathom living in fire, doesn't mean there isn't a force that lives within it. I imagine a language only fire can speak, and like the murmur of water, fire speaks as well. My belief if that the flames look very much like dancing salamanders who flit about wagging their tongues wildly.
Oops...got a little side tracked there...a guardian can be a personal spirit guide, or some other form you have created. The guardian form can be anything that comes to life when you invoke it. It will wait in the withers until you call upon it, and the more you work with it, the stronger it will become....kookookachoo!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Who are the Guardians in a Circle?

Post by SpiritTalker »

In neopagan magical traditions the Guardian of the Watchtower is a spirit representing the forces of one of the four compass quarters (NESW). They’re associated with the four elements (earth, air, fire, and water), the stars (Fomalhaut, Aldebaran, Regulus, & Antares) & the Archangels Uriel, Raphael, Michael, & Gabriel and as covered in DPs above post as Buffalo, Eagle, Mouse, Bear. The watchtowers are invoked when casting a circle to oversee the working & CYA :)

Edit: CYA=cover your arse
Old topic - continued commentary
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Cya?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Corbin

Re: Who are the Guardians in a Circle

Post by Corbin »

Klia wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:37 pm Yes it does. But I don't believe in gnomes or faeries. Could I imagine animals as the guardians?
Great question.

(personal opinions)

I don't believe in Archangels but each of the elements are associated with one? I think precious stones are mostly magically inert (to me personally) but there are stones associated with elements? How does that work?

Egregore (look it up).

It is why collective practices have an imprint that only personal imprints are strong enough to surpass - why solitaires begin with a common practice and develop into a personal ones. It's why people functioning within a dedicated group have more distinct and personally (as a group) defined imagery and detail - so they are aiming at the same specific ones/ at tuning to the same wavelength.

Layers of coorespondances - things like 'the thing' but not the thing in itself. Get enough coorespondances together and you can associate with enough 'like-things' to be able to attune to the 'spirit of the thing' itself.

Ignore the ones that miss, cull the ones that create a ban or 'mental inhibition' which interferes with the work.

Due to popular use, the classical elements are part of an Egregore... a bit like tulpa themselves perhaps?

In Psi-wichery: To know, to will, to dare, to keep silent; These are the four guardians. These are the watchtowers.

Be blessed.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

firebirdflys wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:16 amCya?
A necro'ed thread.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

It's been bumped from 2013 to 2020 - the original poster has likely long gone. It's easy to miss unless you use a necro tag to warn people.

Necro'ed - 'thread' necromancy; it's been brought back from the dead.

Opinions differ on them, sometimes it's nice to revisit threads, especially with useful information however if you are unaware, it can be frustrating when you find you are trying to communicate with an (often) a long departed echo.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm just really bad at text speak unless it is WTF!
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”