Advice for getting back into the craft?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
threefoldcosmic

Advice for getting back into the craft?

Post by threefoldcosmic »

I had chosen to not practice the craft until I turned 18 so that I would be able to give my all without fear from parental disapproval. That being said, it is almost my birthday and I have begun studying the craft so that I can gain more knowledge which is something I unfortunately neglected to do. I was a new witch when I stopped practicing so I still have much to learn. Any advice on how I can become stronger as I transition back into a very prominent spiritual life? :flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Advice for getting back into the craft?

Post by SnowCat »

Take it slow, pay attention to what interests you or calls to you, remember to breathe.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
October

Post by October »

I'm just getting back into my practice as well.

I think one main thing to remember is to ease in slowly. Take a little at a time, and don't beat yourself up if you don't do everything perfectly or even as well as you used to. Remember it's all personal and you are always changing. Enjoy the journey :-)
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Personally, I'd just start again. If you left the Craft behind, you're probably a different person now when compared to the person you were.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Go slow,observe, and ask questions. Is there a Pagan's Night Out in your area, or a Pagan's Pride day? (check Witchvox).

"It is better it ask the right questions, than to know all the answers."
James Thurber
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
lunamoth

Post by lunamoth »

Witchcraft is highly experiential by nature. The more you practice the more you learn. That being said i would start with some simple spells, learning to ground and center and direct your energy. Meditating will also help get you in the proper mindset. Take it slow and have fun
Last edited by Vesca on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed text speak.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I'm just returning as well - but I have a few of my old research books / bos to get back into it easily.

When I decided to reactivate my inner self I started to read on the internet - I personally researched protection spells - picked up a notebook and wrote down what I found.
BB

Blue Moon
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

Just a few suggestions - Get some good books and learn about the Sabbats and what they are about so you can celebrate them. Meditate. Learn and understand about the elements and elementals. Practice casting a circle. Understand the correspondences and start to practice spellwork.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Build skills like focusing, grounding, centering, projecting power and shielding by practicing them daily - have a do-able but brief daily routine of practices ; greet the Sol & Gaia, and the four winds Boreas, Eurus, Notos, Zephyrus – NESW
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

You could try to spend some time recalling the exact circumstances (reminisce if you like) that brought you into the craft in the first place. And how you felt, and what made you feel it...

... And then find the thread which is drawing you back.

We all have different reasons we became intimate with the craft in the same way (when or if it occurs) we all have different reasons when we take a step back from it.

Expectations can spoil the brew, relax into it and let it happen. Take the time to be still and observant.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

I think in witchcraft it's important to think about what's sacred to us. We often talk about rituals that are oriented towards a specific goal, but rarely about the cult side as well. Certainly there are witches who completely occult this aspect and they have the right. But where is the respect towards the energies that we use. I recently discovered that apparently some people claiming to be witches had claimed to have cursed the moon and wanted to do the same with the sun. WTF.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Yeah I read that too but frankly took it as spoiled bait - something that doesn't smell right and something baiting a reaction.

I shouldn't worry. Only a lunatic would try to curse the moon.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”