Lowkey broom closet ideas

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
MackAdam

Lowkey broom closet ideas

Post by MackAdam »

I am new to practicing witchcraft although I’ve been reading about it for years (see my intro post). I am deep in the broom closet and interested in doing something for Imbolc. It’s the season of new beginnings and I’d like to do something that honors my new adventure. I don’t think it’s quite a dedication, certainly no initiation. I guess I’d like to do something that would seek a blessing from the Goddess that my new journey be positive for me and honoring for Her. In other words, I want to start my Wiccan life on a good foot. I’m interested in sigils, candles, and to a lesser extent crystals and stones. If you have any suggestions on any lowkey rituals, I’d appreciate it!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Lowkey broom closet ideas

Post by SpiritTalker »

Supplies -
. Candles 🕯- use Glade air freshener candles for altar lights & birthday candles for spells
. Substitute 🕯LEDs if open flame isn’t OK
. Olive oil - a few tablespoons in a bottle will go a long long ways
. Yarn or twine 🧶➰ for knot spells
. Envelopes as spell packets - draw a sigil as needed
. Coffee speeds up spells, Bigelow Constant Comment tea dispels harmful vibes, salt purifies
. Natural stones 🪨 all have magical use & are discreet as a rock collection

Discreet Ritual can be done without tools or candles & can be expressed through mimed gestures:
. Ground by passing your hand✋🏽 from crown-to-crotch, as you imagine the vertical axis along your spine descending into the Earth. Center by tracing a ➕ on your belly. Cleanse yourself and your aura with the see-hear-speak no evil gestures 🙈🙉🙊. Breathe deeply & imagine light spreads outward from the belly forming a circle. See this circle in your mind.💫
. Call the 4-ways: “I call E-Air-to-know, S-Fire-to-go, W-Water-to-flow, & N-Earth-to-grow
. Greet & welcome The Lady with fig ✊🏽 hand sign & The Lord with the horns 🤘🏼hand sign; press hand-to-heart & nod to show respect.
. {You can step right into dedication: Anoint, charge & lite a white candle or prep a sigil to place under an LED, say Lady & Lord of Nature, I ask your blessings that my new journey be positive for me and respectfully honors Nature. I ask Your guidance to start my Wiccan life on a good foot & may I be discreet as needed.}
. A thanks-offering 🍞 can be blessed & placed on the sacred Earth for Nature after the ritual has ended.
. Thank and farewell the Deities with a ✋🏽on💖.
. Dismiss the quarters in reverse with a nod & the banishing pentagram ↗️⭐️.
. Stand in the center spot, ground the circle's residual energy as a gift back into the Earth as you visualize the circle sinking into the earth. And you're done.

Discreet All-Purpose Spells
. No spell materials needed. The Circle itself will carry your intention. Cast the circle. Imagine the rim as a blue mist rising from the Earth & 🌀 spiraling around you. Feel the fire 🔥 in the belly & feed your intention into the mist 💨. Whisper your incantation thrice into the mist 💨. You know it-is-so, give thanks & then release the spiraling Cone of Power to fulfill the task: 👊🏼 Push!
. To Charge a Spell with Intent - dab and spread a small amount of olive oil on the item to hold the psychic charge. 👏🏽 Hold or 🙌🏽 Place your hands over the item; load-aim-push power from the gut and thru your hands as you state intent or repeat your incantation.
. Sigils - write the intent📝 in a few words, delete vowels (a,e,i,o,u) & duplicate consonants; draw a hieroglyph by rearranging & embellishing the remaining letters; draw a circle around it;✂️ cut it out. This is your sigil. Anoint it & 👏🏽 magnetize. Burn or shred at a liminal hour (dawn, noon, dusk, midnight) to release the power.
. Knots - the 9-Knot incantation is recited while tying knots in twine. Undoing the knots at a liminal hour releases the power.
By knot 1 the spell’s begun, by knot 2 it comes true, by knot 3 so it shall be.
By knot 4 power is stored, by knot 5 the spell’s alive, by knot 6 the goal is fixed.
By knot 7 it is given, by knot 8 it is fate, by knot 9 - X - is mine.

. LED Candle: do not anoint an LED, instead place an anointed & charged sigil under the LED, set it’s timer. When it times out the spell’s done. Turn LED off to reset or If you don’t turn the candle off it will repeat, which can be useful. Reuse the LED again & again.
. Stone Stroking: use any smooth stone you have, held in your dominant hand and rub it with your thumb as you repeat your incantation. Sit & sway from side to side or do the spell while just walking along. Repetitive motion aids a light trance to affect conditions. Place stones 15 minutes in sunlight to cleanse.
. Stone layouts: Lay stones, leaves, flowers in concentric circles on any surface where they won’t be disturbed; 🙌🏽 Magnetize with intent; remove the arrangement when it feels like the energy has dissipated.
MackAdam

Re: Lowkey broom closet ideas

Post by MackAdam »

Awesome! These are amazing tips. Can’t wait to try them.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”