The Darkside of Balance

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi :)

i am glad u like my devil, he was the best render i ever did. i am pretty proud of it. i hope it wins the contest, the big prize is free year of school for fine arts and 3d design.

blessed be :D
Xal

Post by Xal »

Greymalkin wrote:The afterlife is whatever you want it to be.

If you think you deserve a "hell", then hell is what you will get.
Greymalkin wrote:Ok, same applies.

If you want your life to be hell then it will be.

As above so below.
Why is that?
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I'm always having to try and work out what it is you're asking Xal.

A little more information in your questions would be helpful.

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty please!

See? I can be nice.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Greymalkin wrote:I'm always having to try and work out what it is you're asking Xal.

A little more information in your questions would be helpful.

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty please!

See? I can be nice.
Sorry, I didn't mean for my response to be vague.

I was asking why the 2 above things I quoted are true, or exist. Or why you believe they are true.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Oh I see.

Well, how many times have you heard someone say, "Why do bad things always happen to me?"
That's an easy question to answer. Because they expect bad things to happen to them.

How many other times have you heard people say things like, "That'll never work out for me, things never go the way I want them to" - immediately they have set themselves up for failure.

The same applies to the afterife. If you believe you are a bad person and believe you have led a bad life and deserve punishment, then that's exactly what you will get.

This goes back to the whole argument about Karma.

It's only bad Karma if you decide it's bad Karma.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Everyone is always wondering about black or white magic, I use those terms for it makes it easier for people to understand. I think there is no grey or colour of magic because the negitive is sometimes done for the best. To quote charles manson "if done in love nothing is wrong" If I have to kill my babuska even though she wishes to live if my love for her is telling me it would be for then best I will do it. One must try to do what they are suppose to do.

As for the afterlife does it matter, you are living in the now not in your death. If you must know about an afterlife i think it is because you are not accepting death and you are worried that you are not living your life to the fullest now and you want a "second chance for redemption"

and to Karma we don't contorl it. You can put in only negitive or positive energies into the world and Karma will give you both no matter what. While people will see all these horrid things happening in thier life and see it as bad karma they forget the good things ie breathing or walking that karma is bringing to them.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Greymalkin wrote:Oh I see.

Well, how many times have you heard someone say, "Why do bad things always happen to me?"
That's an easy question to answer. Because they expect bad things to happen to them.

How many other times have you heard people say things like, "That'll never work out for me, things never go the way I want them to" - immediately they have set themselves up for failure.

The same applies to the afterife. If you believe you are a bad person and believe you have led a bad life and deserve punishment, then that's exactly what you will get.

This goes back to the whole argument about Karma.

It's only bad Karma if you decide it's bad Karma.
Ok, but why is the system set up like that? Why do people have such power?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I agree with Xal why do humans have so much power?
why does karma live by our laws and rules.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I don't think it's about 'power'.

I'll give you an example.

Where I work the food in the canteen is terrible. Most people I work with bring food to work with them - including myself.
One day last week I was in such a rush I had forgotten to take any food to work with me.
So at lunchtime I just helped myself to somebody else's lunch that was kept in the kitchen.
I've done it a few times before and it doesn't bother me. I'd much sooner somebody else go hungry than me.
Anyway, I found out later in the day that the food I took belonged to a woman I really like, in fact, I would call her a friend.
I suddenly felt really bad for what I did and know I will get "bad karma" for my actions because I felt bad and allowed myself to see what I did as a "bad" thing.
All the other times I did the exact same thing I didn't see it as "bad" because I had done it to people I couldn't care less about.

Am I making my point here?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

so if you never feel bad no bad karma ever comes your way? I don't think that is true at all. Feeling bad might make the negitive karma more noticable because you are waiting for your punishment, like a child's guilt. Karma doesn't wait for you to feel bad to do something it is an energy that ebbs and flows no matter how our minds feel.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Greymalkin wrote:I don't think it's about 'power'.

I'll give you an example.

Where I work the food in the canteen is terrible. Most people I work with bring food to work with them - including myself.
One day last week I was in such a rush I had forgotten to take any food to work with me.
So at lunchtime I just helped myself to somebody else's lunch that was kept in the kitchen.
I've done it a few times before and it doesn't bother me. I'd much sooner somebody else go hungry than me.
Anyway, I found out later in the day that the food I took belonged to a woman I really like, in fact, I would call her a friend.
I suddenly felt really bad for what I did and know I will get "bad karma" for my actions because I felt bad and allowed myself to see what I did as a "bad" thing.
All the other times I did the exact same thing I didn't see it as "bad" because I had done it to people I couldn't care less about.

Am I making my point here?
That's not really what my question is.

Why, does it work that way. How do people bring the "bad karma" to themselves. What are the mechanics of it. Why is it set up this way. Is there some sort of God figure doing all this?
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Xal wrote:Why, does it work that way. How do people bring the "bad karma" to themselves. What are the mechanics of it. Why is it set up this way. Is there some sort of God figure doing all this?
I always try to avoid making statements as if they were cast in stone.

I can only comment (the same as all of us) on my experiences and beliefs as I see them.

Personally I don't accept that there is one God or even several Gods that interfere in our individual lives.
There are 6 billion people on the planet do you really think there's a god or goddess that actually gives a crap about each and every one of us?

I'm not very good with explaining my thoughts on this subject. I tried to explain the best I could with the stolen food story above. We allow our own karma - both good and bad. We are our own judge, jury and 'God'.

I still don't see why people get so hung up on karma though. Bad things will happen to you no matter how blameless a life you lead.
And I say that's a good thing.
How dreadfully dull life would be if only nice things happened to you.
How can you appreciate the good times if you never experience the bad times?
Xal

Post by Xal »

Greymalkin wrote:
Xal wrote:Why, does it work that way. How do people bring the "bad karma" to themselves. What are the mechanics of it. Why is it set up this way. Is there some sort of God figure doing all this?
I always try to avoid making statements as if they were cast in stone.

I can only comment (the same as all of us) on my experiences and beliefs as I see them.

Personally I don't accept that there is one God or even several Gods that interfere in our individual lives.
There are 6 billion people on the planet do you really think there's a god or goddess that actually gives a crap about each and every one of us?

I'm not very good with explaining my thoughts on this subject. I tried to explain the best I could with the stolen food story above. We allow our own karma - both good and bad. We are our own judge, jury and 'God'.

I still don't see why people get so hung up on karma though. Bad things will happen to you no matter how blameless a life you lead.
And I say that's a good thing.
How dreadfully dull life would be if only nice things happened to you.
How can you appreciate the good times if you never experience the bad times?
So you have no answer?

Your entire belief system in which you have and are so certain is correct, so certain that you have called out others and declared they are wrong, yet you don't even know how it works?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Xal are you wanting an answer for undertanding or you not wanting an answer to be a d*ck. Either way.....
I don't understand the concept of the karma only existing if you allow it.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

JBRaven wrote:Xal are you wanting an answer for undertanding or you not wanting an answer to be a d*ck. Either way.....
I don't understand the concept of the karma only existing if you allow it.
Haha, good one.
As for karma, it is what you want it to be. If you think that you stealing your sisters' money is 20 'bad karma' points, then it is.
I agree with Grey on this one. Karma is nothing but a word. It wont kill you, unless you believe it will.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”