Should I...?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

When do YOU think I should be changed?

Now
No votes
After graduation
100%

Total votes: 13

Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

JBRaven wrote:Air light how old are you?
Older than some on the forums and younger than some....I've been out of high school for 6 years. Okay fine, I'm 22.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

lol 22 I remember those days (which were last year) I was just wondering. Because I looked for a post in the Intro section and didn't see one.
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

*smacks forehead* I knew I forgot something...but yeah I'm 22, I'm going to be 23 this year. I just been this way with this belief after twice someone tried to push me from my faith with lies and hatred. I believe I could intertwine much beliefs to be with Paganism..which I have done with many who believed Winx Club was real and believed they were fairies.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Haha, sorry raven! :D

Im hoping someone can tell me more about vampirism. I still think its BS, just an extended arm of gothism but can one of you tell me how one gets "turned"

Is it through being bitten? If so then this suggests that there is an agent in the saliva or mouth of the current vampire that gets transferred to the new vampire. If this is the case then vampirism is in fact an infection that could be treated. Of course, *I* dont think it is anything of the sort, but it is the only logical explanation otherwise a vampire could turn another by using the same energy we use in magick.

To suggest one can *only* be turned via being bitten simply has to be false.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Remember the story about the young vampire who was told by all the older vampires that to walk in the sunlight is to die. Although it had been ages sense anyone even saw another vampire die this way they all avoided the sunlight and stayed in the dark.

This seemed odd in some way. Something made this young vampire began to doubt the older vampires. So this young rebel thought of an experiment. As the sun came up, the youth placed one foot into the sun. As it did not burst into flames, the young vampire eventually stepped completely into the light.

It was then that this young one was faced with many questions: Why have my family and friends, people I loved and thought highly of, lied to me and kept me from enjoying the light? Who am I now that I know? How will I face those that have lied to me? Will I seek to bring them into the light or will I start a new life?

One thing is for certain, this young vampire thought, I can never go back.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
~Belladonna~

Post by ~Belladonna~ »

Psychic Vampires are very real, they're everywhere in fact. However, the stuff you see in movies is not real, it's just a movie lol. I know there are people out there who drink blood and do blood letting or whatever but as for not going out in the Sun and being able to "turn" others into a Vampire is just ridiculous!

Now I'm Pagan and I'm pretty open-minded but just because I am Pagan doesn't mean I have to believe everything I read or hear.
I hate the fact that Pagans are looked down upon like we're dumb and all airy-fairy because we believe in Magick and whatnot. The thing they don't seem to realise is we might be open-minded but I'm not that open-minded to the point where my brains are dragging on the floor lol.
There has to come a point where a line is drawn and to me that line comes when I read things like this. Sorry, but it makes all Pagans look bad, not to mention mad. No wonder we get treated like fluffy, airy-fairy morons :(

Oh well, each to his/her own, eh!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I have read a few pages from that top link iduna, and it is *very* interesting... I may need to give it a go (not vampirism, but taking energy, of course not in a harmful manner nor from those around me) However, it deels with psychic vampirism which is something i fully believe is real for anyone who is not protected is just a vat of energy with an open door.

However, it is not true vampirism in the sense that this thread seems to talk of. it also doesnt deal with feeding on blood.

I am inclined to think that "true" vampirism is just a mutilation of psychic vampirism to the extent where psychic vampires, or just plain old goths and emos (sorry to stereotype!) believe themselves to be vampires and thus invent the aversion to the sun and they just happen to like blood.

I wouldnt call these people vampires. Psychic vampires, yes. But not vampires. To do so suggests i think they cna transform into bats, turn into a living fireball when exposed to the sun and hang upside down from rafters in their spare time.

Nice links though :)
Iduna

Post by Iduna »

shadowx wrote:I have read a few pages from that top link iduna, and it is *very* interesting... I may need to give it a go (not vampirism, but taking energy, of course not in a harmful manner nor from those around me) However, it deels with psychic vampirism which is something i fully believe is real for anyone who is not protected is just a vat of energy with an open door.

However, it is not true vampirism in the sense that this thread seems to talk of. it also doesnt deal with feeding on blood.

I am inclined to think that "true" vampirism is just a mutilation of psychic vampirism to the extent where psychic vampires, or just plain old goths and emos (sorry to stereotype!) believe themselves to be vampires and thus invent the aversion to the sun and they just happen to like blood.

I wouldnt call these people vampires. Psychic vampires, yes. But not vampires. To do so suggests i think they cna transform into bats, turn into a living fireball when exposed to the sun and hang upside down from rafters in their spare time.

Nice links though :)
I actually haven't read those books yet :lol:
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Haha, it's certainly interesting, and something i could make use of i think but what Purple and Airlight talk of is more like twilight and Blade it seems.
Stephanie Mae

Re: Should I...?

Post by Stephanie Mae »

JBRaven wrote:
Purple_wind wrote:My two best friends are Vampires..One just turned the other.

I want to be a Vampire eventually but I don't know when.

I want to have kids so can eighther way so that's not a problem. I'm worried it will mess with my summer and graduation plans.. I like swimming alot and I'm going to go to Myrtle beach for graduation so it might cause problems there.

I can't be wiccan after I'm turned but the pros and cons are equal there.

Vampires can't be in direct sunlight and they lose their religion because the symbols burn their skin but those are the main cons. There's no going back...that's what scares me most. If any of you know of a spell that can make you go back and you know it works FOR SURE I'd like to know about it. It doesn't stop aging so I could be turned now without worrying about that.

Suggestions?
This is what i am calling bullshit on. I do think that there are people that live thier lives as the vampires you described but they are still just regular humans with a different lifestyle choice. just like being a witch doen't make me supernautral in any way.
I would have to agree. I do believe that this is just a lifestyle choice. Coming from Ireland, which really is the land of myth and legend, a place where you will find some of the most superstitious people...I am just finding it extremely difficult to grasp the subject of being changed over. Sure, some may enjoy the taste of blood, I personally enjoy working with blood in my practices, but going from never tasting blood to living by it. I am not so sure. This is a very sticky subject.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Airlight wrote:
Iduna wrote:
Airlight wrote:Vlad the Impaler never once claimed he was a vampire, it wasn't till the book Dracula came out was he EVER associated as a vampire..not before them. He did call himself Dracul or Dracula...as it was Romanian for Dragon...not Vampire. So nice try Iduna.

If you go to New Orleans you could meet many of the "vampires" (I will use this from now on as most of you do not believe) who have been "vampires" long before that sad little fanfiction called Twilight came out. It wasn't heard of because like Witchcraft, it wasn't out there till The Craft came out. It wasn't popular till something big came out and all the popular children believed themselves to be.

I did not say he called himself a vampire.
[quote]and people said he was a vampire.

By what I mean they probably told stories about him back then and after the Bram Stoker books, he was the ultimate vampire. And I absolutely hate the twilight book, just so you know. I'm starting to see that this has nothing to do anymore with the original question...
Could your writing become smaller? Sorry, I have bad eyesight it is hard for me to read...it why I quote you so I can see it. Anyways..no, they believed him to be sadistic and a cruel and heartless man not a vampire. He was called Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Dracul(which happens to be his surname) not Vlad the Vampire..till 1897 as it wasn't till the late 1700s that the belief of vampirism was there.[/quote] Vladimir Von Dracul was the eldest son of a Romanian king who was a member of an order of nights known as in English the dragon nights. Vlad was unusually cruel he would take an impale his victims on spikes to discourage uprisings and invasion from other places he would also drink the blood of his victims mixed with wine. After his death the next regime had his tomb opened to verify that the body was staying put because it was rumored that he had made a deal with the devil to live forever drinking the blood of his enemies, (they believed that he was a vamp before he died) his body was inexplicably missing.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Now for this hole thing I have know several people who were vampires. The problem with what would be termed traditional vampire-ism is that the ones who were actually vampires went into hiding and have slowly died out, the last time I recall running into a true vamp was 1859 and he was hold up in a cave in the grand canyon. This vamp was feeding on animals, and the occasional human that wandered in. Only certain family's of vampires are allergic to animal blood it just isn't as life force potent as human; the other reason traditional vampires need blood is as the body is dead and the spirit is animating it the marrow no longer produces blood cells so in-order to keep the body from decaying blood has to be ingested.
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

shadowx wrote:Im not gonna lie, you just described hardcore goths. Not vampires.
Everything else is purely cosmetic. Make up, hair dye and teeth implants. That is like saying i am jesus because i have had an operation to put 4 holes in my hands and feet. It simply doesnt make me anything but a post-op goth.
ROFLMAO! I just about choked to death on my coffee reading this! I love you Shadowx.
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

And purple_wind, before I answer this poll I want to know why you want to be a vampire?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”