using sage advice?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
new truth seeker

using sage advice?

Post by new truth seeker »

I'm new to this but I'm getting ready to move and I want to know about how to use sage for cleansing my new place. Will regular sage from my kitchen work and I've read about combining sage and lavender. Can anyone tell me exactly how to go about this? I have both of these in my kitchen. Thanks for any help.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Personally when I cleanse my house I just put the two herbs on a charcoal and use the smoke to cleanse each room,letting the smoke touch all the corners of each room. I also let the herbs to smoke for a few minutes over all the places I spend most of my time in,like the sofa of my living room and my bed. Then I add some more herbs,place the burner in a central place in my house and let it there until the herbs are completely burnt,as well as the charcoal.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi there,

is the sage grounded already? u need sage that has not been grounded. u can still use it, just sprikle it at each corner of the home. also u should use sea salt to lightly line the bottom of the window ledge in ur home. this purefies the area and helps from spirits or negative enery from intering ur home. i hope this helps.

hugs
:D Blessed Be :D
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I would suggest using the Sage in smoke form first with the windows open if you can and then take the dry sage and sprinkle it on the door areas and windows of your house. I hope that helps a bit too.

PS don't forget to do the same in your new place hun!
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi there,

i hope she does have access to sage leaves or sage bundles to burn, because u can't burn powder :? she could use the powder for smugging. :)
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Good point dear. Burning powder not advised. I would suggest bundles definately or better yet, go to the store and get some fresh leaves turn them upside down in a dark place that is also quite dry and let it dry out naturally. This can be done when you get to your new place but I suggest the bundles as Hexima did for the old place. :)
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi there,

thanks rei, i hope she has bundles of sage, they are pretty cheap at herbal stores or witch shops. speaking of which i haven cleasned my house for a while, i saw a shadow spirit this morning, it's time for eviction notice time heheh. :P
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Actually you can burn Sage powder, use a charcoal disc
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

Is a white sage bundle good to use? My family and I have to move soon too.
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

just and fyi-

I used Dragon's Blood twice for a really tough job. It felt quite happy immediately afterwards; however, the house was sold so i don't know if it lasted.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

I made my own incense recipe for when my fiance and i moved into this house.... i'll add up the recipe if people say they want me to... it included dragons blood!!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”