Ethics?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

JBRaven wrote:Airlight I am not pushing my beliefs on you I am stating my opinion that i have a right to. They are my beliefs so I see them as my truths and if you were not so stuck in your ways maybe you would be a lot open minded to how others feel about your "Right". A lot of people here are always bitching about other pressuring thier belief systems but we are not. Next time anyone would ask a question what are you suposse to do? Just tell them to follow thier heart and give no real advice? What is the point. If I disagree with some one I am going to tell them why, and if there logic is sound then I will learn something, If not I am going to call them out on it. You have no care to others feelings or thoughts on this matter and that pisses me off. What is the point of being here if you are not trying to learn something? Instead you are attacking people for speaking thier thoughts.

You are defending voilating some one elses privicy because you want to. That is crap.
I never once stated you were pushing your beliefs on me, you asked a question. I stated that it is wrong to push beliefs on another person, I've had it done and I have explained to people many times "If you do not like others pushing their beliefs on you, don't do it to me" and they understand, it is a double standard. I don't sit there and say "My beliefs are right. I believe in the God and Goddess because there are real and you MUST believe in this or you will not get into Summerland." It is bullshit I say, you believe in what you want. If someone believes in something different, you should not try to change them to fit what you believe in.

I don't WANT to, I just do it. Now if I was invading someone's privacy I would of said "You are being a bitch because you were abused as a child and your parents forced you to eat your veggies" Now I don't do that because it is NOT my concern, I say "I feel you are being a bitch" not "You are being a bitch" I say "Feel" not "You are" because it makes it seem more like "You are coming across"
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on the ethics of aura reading.
Xal

Post by Xal »

An interesting discussion this has turned out to be. I'm surprised Hexima isn't posting as that was the post that started all this.

Anyways, I think it is important Airlight to define exactly what you experience or feel or see when you read someones aura. As you said people aren't listening to you and you're not reading anyone's mind.

I don't think it's that people aren't listening to you, I think it's that everyone is coming from a different definition of "reading your aura" so people are arguing about totally different concepts.

I will also go out and assume that the reason NightRose see's it as a flaw is because many people would see it as a lack of control, and control is usually equated with power or mastery.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

I see colors, the words are colors when it comes to chatting online, I feel the emotions, I can actually see them. I've mastered this ability and have been doing since I was about 8 years old...it was controllable till the point it isn't anymore. It isn't a flaw because it does not hinder my ability or my daily life.
We could go on and say NightRose has a flaw because she needs walls up to control her empathy.
We could say everyone in the world is flawed because of scars, diseases, and birthmarks, but the real question is. Does this hinder you abilities and your daily life? No, then maybe it is a flaw by definition.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Airlight wrote:I see colors, the words are colors when it comes to chatting online, I feel the emotions, I can actually see them. I've mastered this ability and have been doing since I was about 8 years old...it was controllable till the point it isn't anymore. It isn't a flaw because it does not hinder my ability or my daily life.
We could go on and say NightRose has a flaw because she needs walls up to control her empathy.
We could say everyone in the world is flawed because of scars, diseases, and birthmarks, but the real question is. Does this hinder you abilities and your daily life? No, then maybe it is a flaw by definition.
So if I'm understanding you correctly what you're saying is that you read what someone types and see a color that associates with an emotional state of mind. As well as actually feel the emotion that comes across while the words were typed. So if all you are feeling is merely raw emotion, I think this would change most people's thoughts on the matter.

I assume that the other people and myself were assuming something much was being conveyed with the idea of reading one's aura. If you are merely seeing the emotional state that one is in while they are typing I would say that is hardly an invasion of privacy as you don't need to read someones aura to figure that out, merely be learned in the subject of human behavior and psychology.

Now I think the issue is whether to call someone out on the emotional sense and how it is used. For example if someone says something and you respond with "I feel that you are overly angry, or sad or w/e." The question of ethics I believe falls upon the intent. Was the intent behind this to try and help the person realize something, or was it an attempt to undermine their argument's position? Is it an attempt to belittle them? Is it lashing out at someone who has lashed out at you? I would say only the first choice falls under the standard notion of "pure" in terms of ethics.

I could say you have done what you say NightRose and others have done. You may have read what I said but you didn't read it. You seem to have backed yourself into a defensive corner. Instead of trying to maneuver out of it or realize the corner is non-existent you will fight for it until the end.

What I mean by this is that you are tying yourself down to the definition that flaw means "something that hinders you." Which is the definition you provided but may have not been the original intent of the statement. I provided what I thought would be a better alternative meaning to what was say and has nothing to do with the idea of hindrance.

As you have said above, you've mastered the ability. As I have said above I'm pretty sure that most people would say that in order to master anything requires that one have full control over whatever it is. I am not trying to put down your ability but perhaps master would not be the best word choice in this situation.
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

For me to truly read your aura..I have to touch you..I am a toucher, feeler..as FREAKY as it sounds. So if I bump into you on the street, I could very well read you but I usually don't..as well...I bump into a lot of people and walls...and corners.

I do see the emotional state, but I can see whether someone is a man or a woman...except in Raven's case...manly aura, gives off that she is a he. I don't belittle them, I try to figure out what the problem is. If I sense someone is sad, I ask them why they are sad. If I sense someone is angry, I ask why are they so angry that they have to fight. I also have a habit of spitting a major emotion back out at the person. Which gives off why I am so bitchy towards some people. If I sense some sort of strong anger...or something, I end up doing it myself even if I am not angry.

Most people believe that mastering an ability is the ability to turn it off and on whenever they please, but it is not..it is the ability to have it and it is constantly on. Like the Gods and Goddesses, they do not have their powers/gifts/abilities and just turn them on and off..otherwise that would be trouble. That is how I see it. I have mastered an ability to the point it won't turn off.

And when people say "a flaw" they usually mean it hinders them to do something. A scar hinders their ability to be beautiful along with birthmarks and freckles. Cancer hinders their ability to live, disease hinders their ability to feel better. I have a disease, I have lyme disease but you know what, I get up everyday because I want to, I help around the house, I cook, I clean because I am not going to let something like that stop me. It is not a flaw, it is something that makes you stronger.

As for the mind reading, I don't do that. It is a true invasion of privacy...but I do use the ability of knowing that I can to help people protect their own minds. Just like aura reading, energy reading, etc...I help people in my own way with these abilities.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Why does it make you stronger?

Why is your definition of mastery the correct one?
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

Because it helps me, it connects me more with the people I love and care for and to understand people I do not know well.

I never stated that mine was the correct one. It is just the belief since the Goddesses and Gods never turn off or on their powers, why should we?
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi sweethearts,

this is ethics on aura reading right? i'v been reading auras for over 20 years and i usually do ask. but most of the time i don't and i usually don't tell them they are being read. but these are quick scans only not an indepth ones i usually would do. sometimes i do go talk to the person who has a sick aura, and they usually freak out how did u know that they say to me. that what i did when i was younger about 26 years old. it's like for me i can't just shut off my third eye. i asked the goddess to close it when it's resting. so far so good on asking the goddess.

hugs and loves
:D Blessed Be :D
Xal

Post by Xal »

Airlight wrote:Because it helps me, it connects me more with the people I love and care for and to understand people I do not know well.

I never stated that mine was the correct one. It is just the belief since the Goddesses and Gods never turn off or on their powers, why should we?
If it is what helps you then I would agree to go for it.
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

when we do auras it does become a personal connection, because u feel their feelings and view their troubles all at once. I do aura readings because i love to see what other auras they have, to see the colors and prove to myself i can do it. :wink:
:D Blessed Be :D
Starwitch Stone

Post by Starwitch Stone »

I banned Airlight and Hexima. They are just entirely too ignorant and they make way too many posts. If you want to discuss the ban or these members, they each have their own thread in the Hall of Shame (at the bottom of the board.)

StarWitch
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”