New to magick?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
lg

New to magick?

Post by lg »

I'm new to this,and I 've been reading/researching for some time now...
I have some questions...

-How dangerous is magick? (I mean,could I accidently make an evil spirit angry or could I accidently die or something?)

-What is a ritual to do for the first time?

-If I grow more..sensitive? spiritually and with doing this, will I be able to sense evil beings all od the time?
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Why do you associate magic with danger and evil?
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

here are the answers to your questions:
-How dangerous is magick? (I mean,could I accidently make an evil spirit angry or could I accidently die or something?)
If you have fear, then fear and ignorance (what you call evil) will prevail. Being so, have love and understanding in your heart when picking rituals to do. Remember karma, the "rule of 3's" ... (google if not)
Connect with god. The simplest and most effective ritual is prayer. Spice it up by offering foods and things. Practice casting your circle and building an alter. Don't worship anything but the supreme lord. Also use candles safely :)
-If I grow more..sensitive? spiritually and with doing this, will I be able to sense evil beings all od the time?
Again, there is no evil.

This being said, I encourage you to practice meditation daily to grow more sensitive. Your power will be increased greatly, making everything you do in magic more meaningful.

Love,
Y0m[/quote]
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
lg

Post by lg »

Earth Ritual wrote:Why do you associate magic with danger and evil?
I actually don't,but after reading around on this forum, i saw alot of people saying that evil spirits are following them and stuff like that.
lg

Post by lg »

Y0m wrote:here are the answers to your questions:
If you have fear, then fear and ignorance (what you call evil) will prevail. Being so, have love and understanding in your heart when picking rituals to do. Remember karma, the "rule of 3's" ... (google if not)
Connect with god. The simplest and most effective ritual is prayer. Spice it up by offering foods and things. Practice casting your circle and building an alter. Don't worship anything but the supreme lord. Also use candles safely :)
Again, there is no evil.

This being said, I encourage you to practice meditation daily to grow more sensitive. Your power will be increased greatly, making everything you do in magic more meaningful.

Love,
Y0m
[/quote]

Thank you for the answers.
and thanks for understanding that i hardly know anything about his yet,and that I have 0% experience.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

lg wrote:
I actually don't,but after reading around on this forum, i saw alot of people saying that evil spirits are following them and stuff like that.
Well, this is because their eyes are clouded by ignorance and misunderstanding. Knowledge is the only weapon against these two things.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
lg

Post by lg »

lg wrote:
Earth Ritual wrote:Why do you associate magic with danger and evil?
I actually don't.
But after reading around on this forum, I saw alot of people saying that evil spirits are following them and stuff like that.
Also,I'm new to this, so I don't know what i'm doing yet.
lg

Post by lg »

Y0m wrote:
lg wrote:
Well, this is because their eyes are clouded by ignorance and misunderstanding. Knowledge is the only weapon against these two things.

Love.
Thanks.
Is there anything else I should know?
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Everything Y0m said is right.

Connect with God. Love. Breathe. Live Joyfully. This is magic.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Falamezar

Post by Falamezar »

The thing to keep in mind is that magic is an energy form just like any other. It differs from other energies in that it is controlled primarily by your own will. With magic, like energies tend to be attracted to each other. For example, surrounding yourself with a cloud of doom, is going to attract that kind of energy to you.

Yom has the right idea, though I do not have his same world view. Meditation is the best way to prepare for spell work. It will help you to learn to control your body and open up your internal energy centers (Usually called Chakras). When you can drop almost instantly into a meditative state, then you know you are ready to concentrate more on working with the energy.

Like Earth and Yom have said, There isn't really an evil. Not in the finite way. For that matter, neither is there a good. Good and Evil are perceptions, not absolutes. Most people would consider killing a stepchild an evil act. In nature, male lions do that very thing when they take over a pride. It is not an evil act for them. It is what helps maintain a strong gene pool. opening yourself up more to the world around you can be a wondrous thing. Remember that the spiritual world is filled with all matter of beings like the physical one. Enjoy your journey into a new path.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi there,

I agree with wolf. there's no evil only what you make of it. I had some events of angery spirits i run cast my circle and jump in, yar you can't get moi!! :D lol I never saw any deamonic beings that run around going to eat you, so no worries.

blessed be
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Magick is everything. You and I, all people, are magick. This is something you will come to understand.

Magick is neither good nor bad. I will set an example for you... You can used to cut bread and put butter on it, but you can also use the knife to kill someone. As you can see, the knife in itself isn't bad, but it is the user who chooses what to do with it.
Trust in The Divine, and they will provide. If you are worried about your magick having bad results, simply state the following: "This magick is done for the highest good, harming none and as long as it is in accordance with Divine Will." Words have much power and this affirmation will make it so.

May The Divine guide and bless you in all aspects of your life.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

ding ding!!!

i think it's party time don't you agree fire? weee!! :D I have to agree it was well explained.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

hey

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

While I certainly don't disagree with other's explanations, I tend to agree with Godsmack's the most. I am confused when people say that there is no good and evil whatsoever. To me that doesn't make since because then our world would be based up anarchy. To kill someone is evil. To wish bad ill upon someone is evil. However, I believe magick is not inherently one polarity or the other. It is the use of that magick that deciphers one or the other. I believe there IS good and evil, you just have to decide which to act upon.

What we perceive as humans is far from the totality of all existence. For example, I believe that "evil" is much more dark and twisted than our minds could ever imagine. Just as pure good is more divine than a human could ever know.

Since we are on the topic, when it comes to polarity, when it exists within us, I don't believe that we are to live our life that way. I am actually confused about this topic. If an equal amount of light and dark dwells within our souls, are we at harmony and balance? To me, its hard to imagine. Because technically, if one were to do something absolutely wonderful for someone, then they would have to invite a little more darkness into themselves to maintain the homeostasis of that balance.

PS. These are all just my beliefs!! :) I love reading everyone else's. It is important than even when our perspectives differ, we all remember we are One:) Love you all
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi fire hugs.

That was really interesting how you put it. I agree with you on that. I believe people do evil acts on others but a question what if a person does evil acts all his/hers life does that make them evil now?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”