New to magick?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Y0m

Re: hey

Post by Y0m »

)(Apollo the Good)( wrote:While I certainly don't disagree with other's explanations, I tend to agree with Godsmack's the most. I am confused when people say that there is no good and evil whatsoever. To me that doesn't make since because then our world would be based up anarchy. To kill someone is evil. To wish bad ill upon someone is evil. However, I believe magick is not inherently one polarity or the other. It is the use of that magick that deciphers one or the other. I believe there IS good and evil, you just have to decide which to act upon.

What we perceive as humans is far from the totality of all existence. For example, I believe that "evil" is much more dark and twisted than our minds could ever imagine. Just as pure good is more divine than a human could ever know.

Since we are on the topic, when it comes to polarity, when it exists within us, I don't believe that we are to live our life that way. I am actually confused about this topic. If an equal amount of light and dark dwells within our souls, are we at harmony and balance? To me, its hard to imagine. Because technically, if one were to do something absolutely wonderful for someone, then they would have to invite a little more darkness into themselves to maintain the homeostasis of that balance.

PS. These are all just my beliefs!! :) I love reading everyone else's. It is important than even when our perspectives differ, we all remember we are One:) Love you all
You bring up some good and challenging issues.

My answer isn't complete because my understanding isn't but here you go:

I say there is no good and evil only because evil is ignorance and forgetfulness of the devine within everything. This illusion really is evil but sometimes this thinking can distroy people's compassion, which everyone and everything of "evil" deserves because they really know no better. I see a person of evil actions really a childish soul, learning the ropes of life.

Now, I don't believe that an equal amount of dark is within us as light, but rather our innate goodness and light is covered up by this ignorant dark substance. This comes from god and is his own way of creating the ego so god can dance and play within himself. They say that at the end of each cycle god destroys this illusion and once again everything becomes apart of himself with no seperation of identity. Then the process is repeated again. I beleive that the more of this ignorance one can elliminate, the more power he/she recieves to minipulate things around them. 10,000 cities can be powered by the mind of one individual.

Now, we can't really understand these things fully, because we can't understand god. Many people would be driven to personify god and this would be doing him a great injustice. "Out of many thousands of persons who may indeaver to know me, hardly one knows me in truth."

But expcepting the facts that I listed above will lead one to surrender to god, and therefor, gradually, ignorance will be washed away. One will begin to see the connectedness of everything there is. And in this way, there is no evil.

If this doesn't make sense I will be more then happy to clarify.

Love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Apollo, why would killing some one be evil? I think it depends on the person and why it is being done. Every acction has a perspective.

For example, if my father molested me then molested my younger sister after I moved, would it be wrong or evil of me to kill him before he touched my youngest sister?
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

JBRaven wrote:Apollo, why would killing some one be evil? I think it depends on the person and why it is being done. Every acction has a perspective.

For example, if my father molested me then molested my younger sister after I moved, would it be wrong or evil of me to kill him before he touched my youngest sister?
Well killing him wouldn't be wrong but it wouldn't help your own self development.

Karma must also be looked at from all perspectives. From the father, he is creating bad karma out of his ignorance and he would be greatly punished in the end, so there is no need to act out what god already has in store. If you killed him you would also be creating bad karma. For you and your sister, although you may not want to except it, both of your past karma is being played out for you through this molestation. Maybe you were a man in a past life who molested YOUR kids. It's very sad, but if you can remain compassionate for the father and send him love, the impact of this karma would go away much more quickly then if you sent him negetive energy.

This is much like the tibeten buddhist who still has love for the chinese who torcher them for no reason. Or like Gandhi who while in prison by the British made gifts for the guards and offered them rice and water.

Life isn't always easy, but no need making it harder by adding to your negetive karma.

Love and blessings,
Y0m
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

This being said there is no reason to let your sister suffer. There are just better ways to protect her without spreading more hate and violence.

Love.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I think that I am not only justified in killing the father but also if I am doing it not out of hate for the father but the love of the sister I would not have negitive karma. I do agree with you about the reasons behind the abuse, for some reason it must happen.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

JBRaven wrote:I think that I am not only justified in killing the father but also if I am doing it not out of hate for the father but the love of the sister I would not have negitive karma. I do agree with you about the reasons behind the abuse, for some reason it must happen.
Well true compassion requires a lot of strength. In the end life will teach you the lessons you need to learn.

My love,
Y0m
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

y0m and raven,

i was molested too in one of my foster home, i wanted him dead too, but i knew that karma would take care of him. a year later he got cancer of the brain and died in 3 months. I don't know if you believe in karma or not but i sure do. why should i dirty my hands by killing someone? i couldn't kill someone.
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

While my tale was just an example, I am sorry that happened to hear that Kaimira.

I don't see murder as a totally horrid thing, yes it is agianst the law and I would go to jail. Murder because of emotion is silly and pointless but logical killing (which is rare) doesn't bother me. I would be willing to bare the karma in my above senrio if negitive karma was entitled. If it were for the betterment of the people I love to kill I could and would. If done in love nothing is wrong.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

hi

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

Hey everyone! :)

I seriously love you all haha. And your explanations are making total sense. Yom, I completely agree with your perspectives 100%, your post really did help me to understand. I also agree with getting rid of the ignorance of the divine around us yeilds great power.

I am very happy to hear everyone's stances. It allows me to really open up to deep knowledge and grow positively in my path to Enlightenment. Blessed be.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

JBRaven wrote:While my tale was just an example, I am sorry that happened to hear that Kaimira.
hugs raven,

thank you for kind words, i am a hard ass so i will be ok. one thing being in a foster home you get tough blow on throught the crap. I usually do my rituals and spells out in the forrest, there's a large selection of forrest behind our house. so when i feel crappy or when i am pisssed off i go to the forest because it feels so pure and i am all around the elemenets, there's a small creek that runs through the forrest. it's my favorite place I have a little fire pit and i light it, bring on the marshmellows. i always snag the marshmellows. haha :D

blessed be :D
The shinning light is the way to path of creation

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”