No More Friends

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I've considered getting myself either a gun or a knife to defend myself, but the truth of the matter is that I know I would hesitate. *lol* Like said, something like a gun espcially wouldn't work for me because I lack that "killer instinct" if you will.

But a thing that our old PE coach told us in HS is something that I do whenever I'm out by myself... Get some keys and put them between your fingers (ala Wolverine style). If you need to defend yourself you can use the keys to scratch the crap (hopefully) out of someone. The best part is that if you drop the keys for some reason, they're just a pile of keys on the ground and a little more time consuming to be used on you as compaired to a knife (that they can steal and stab you with) or a gun (where they'll shoot you). It is a down side that keys don't do as much damage as those two items, but its less that can be turned aganist you. I just use my car & house keys like that whenever I go walking. No one even notices it...

It definately has its shortcomings, but its at least someting if you can't have a knife or a gun or those methods aren't for you. :)
Heaven_and_Earth

Post by Heaven_and_Earth »

I agree with what waterglyph said and (heres from my watching csi:P) if you can manage a good scratch on him im sure dna will be left behind on the keys or is using nails those. sorry:P i think about that, but when faced in a situation i know thts probably not coming to mind but with dna im sure they can find who the person is.

~Justin~
EgyptianQueen

Post by EgyptianQueen »

Dear friends (‘cause I would like to think of you all as a family)
Today I met Stephanie and we had a little talk about Regina and me. Regina is really angry because of my fault and Stephanie thinks that the right choice for me would be to wait, nothing more.
I think this is what I should do...
But still, what can a girl do to protect herself? I don’t blame the goddess for what happened but... What can I do? I understand I’m asking too much, but I need someone’s advice.
Anyway, I’ll keep on my way and I’ll keep studying magic... I will choose the wrong way if I’d stop living the Goddess. Thanks guys for eveything you said.

I don't know if I would get a gun if I could, but I don't think it's the right idea for someone who lives in Italy... I mean here to have a gun it's like being a criminal (darn it).
I think I should use the keys how waterglyph said.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yes, I've heard that guns aren't acceptable in Europe. I'm guessing they are illegal? I don't know. They are perfectly legal here though. Yeah, I don't advise getting a gun if it's illegal in your country - not a good idea.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

Take self defense classes. Maybe you will learn how to protect yourself if attacked.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Self-defense would help in certain situations, like with the Power Rapists. They don't want to use any more force than necessary. They like to pretend like you're their girlfriend and you want to be with them, so if you fight like hell it ruins their fantasy and they may let you go. But with the other types of rapists (the more dangerous types like the Anger Rapist), trying to fight will likely get you killed. But since the majority of rapes are date rapes and power rapes, I think self-defense could certainly come in handy if you had that knowledge. It's good also to learn about the different types of rapists so if you run into one you might be able to tell what kind they are and whether it would be safer to fight or comply.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Yes but you don't have time to think in that matter.
Example:
O lets see what type of rapiest are you? O I know a Anger rapists.
Crap you be done.
If that happens you act you don't sit there and study them till they are blue in the face. They come at you. You make sure you strike back so poor little johnson won't have any place to go.
And don't delete this one cause I am only giving a example and my opion on the matter as a self-defense student on the arts.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

lol, I'm not deleting it. You have a good point. It's true you can't study them, so if you aren't sure, you either fight, run, or give in.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

:twisted: NEVER!
give in. You don't have to take that shit. You would have to kill me frist to even touch me if I was a girl. I would kill to stay away. Running just makes it harder for you. So play sucker and beat the holy f*ck out of them when the pants drop. Cause they can't run or move to damn fast with there pants around there ankles.
(sorry for the swearing I had to listen to a friend that almost got raped this afternoon)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Easier said than done sometimes, FourSouls. But you have a good spirit about it obviously. Men tend to think that way though. Many men think that if you aren't beat all to hell, then there's no way you could have REALLY been raped, but that's not true. Or that if you were drinking or using drugs, then somehow that's not real rape either. But I'm guessing if one of those same guys (that think that way) was to be drinking in a bar and a couple of guys walked over and held him down and f*cked him in the ass, he would probably realize just how easy rape can be, and he might have a mighty sore ass, but probably won't have a mark on his body. But since most men won't ever experience anything like that, I guess it's a moot point. I guess that guy should have taken self-defense though and he wouldn't be in that situation, right? But he didn't. Like most of the population, he didn't expect anything like that to happen to HIM, so he wasn't prepared. And now his asshole is virgin no longer.

Speaking of which, there is a male policeman in our town - years ago, he pulled over a car and the men in the car gang-raped him. Now, this was a cop with a gun and obviously with some fighting skills, since they teach you that as a cop, I think, but there was apparently nothing he could do about it. He's a fairly big guy too. He is still a cop, amazingly enough. Everytime I see him out, I think about that. I feel really sorry for him that everyone knows what happened. It must be terribly humiliating for it to be public like that. But he obviously has a strong spirit to keep doing the same job in the public eye, despite what happened.

Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

I am a gun person, but that doesn't seem to be the answer for you, little one. There are groups that support and help rape victims, I hope you can find one where you are. Being a victim can become a life.

I agree with Gray Wolf. Your protection spell worked. It worked on Regina, because she meant harm...even if the harm was just some negative thoughts. (did I interpret your post right, Gray Wolf?)

Bright blessings,
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Yah I know . It just I can't see that happening maybe cause I won't. But I won't stand by and let someone else get raped. I hear them shouting I am rushing in and kicking someass even if I get shot a die. At least I know I went to there aid and tryed to the end.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's very noble of you FourSouls. Many women wish someone like you were around when they were raped, but unfortunately rapists are usually a little smarter than to rape a woman with other people around.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

I should hope so. Cause they don't want me coming at them and beating them inches from death and bring there ass back and do it again. Cause if I hear or see that shit ever happening I will be the first guy to go to jail for KILLING that guy that thought it be smart for raping a women while I was around.
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

You can get this keyring thing and when you pull it this big siren goes off and its really,really loud. Its this tiny button you press and its so easy but its hard trying to figure it how to stop. The police gave one after my sister was stalked and attacked. Shes never had to use it since but it is deafening the noise. You can buy them aswell if your interested i will find the name so you can buy one. They are quite cheap. You can buy them off the internet, shops or maybe the police station. I will find out the name tomorrow.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”