Tarot Questions

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Tarot Questions

Post by JBRaven »

In Tarot what does Abstract mean?

Do you have to have a card repersenting the person you are reading for? If so how do you choose that card?

With the Celtic Cross layout the second card is to be placed side ways, how do you know if it is reverse?
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

I am not too sure what abstract means in tarot, but depending on the layout you do depends on whehter or not you need a card to represent the person being read for. In the Celtic Cross layout, the first card represent the quarant (questioner). The second card that lays side ways is what situation is crossing the quarant, it could be either way and as the reading goes on it will make sense. I hope that helped you out a bit.

Marie
Blue Moon Princess

Tarot Questions

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

You can use the physical or personality attributes of the querent to choose a court card to represent him/her...or, if you feel another card works better in relation to the question, you should feel free to use it. If you need help with who fits which court card, please let me know and I will try to help.

In my readings, I have the querent turn the 2nd card right side up. This is the energy of the crossing.

Blessings :-)
Blue Moon Princess

One more thing... I think it's really important to clear my cards every week.

Bright blessings,
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

MM!!!!

Defiantely clear your cards each week,that is really important.Gets rid of all the energies they have picked up from all the readings you do each week.

From my readings I do I always know how the crossing card should be read as the readng progresses,actually most of the cards can say one thing and you can get a feeling that doesnt fit,normally your feelings are the right way to go,always follow your intuition with the cards,it is normally never wrong. :D

BB!!!

Tigerlily
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Ok, I understand about the crossing card and when choosing a card to repersent I use the Zodiac system.

Tiger do you know what Abstract means?
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

All I could find is ,the adjective for abstrast is, difficult to understand,kind of makes sense if you apply it to the tarot,I think,lol!!!I will have to do some research on it,I am curious myself,hehe!!!

Blessed Be!!!

Tigerlily
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I was wondering where you heard or saw that term used... I have to be honest, I've read a lot of websites and books about the Tarot and I've never seen that word used... But maybe if I knew the context it came from I could figure out what's goin' on. *lol*
darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

im know this may sound like a kind of stupid question, but how do you clear your cards???
Lora
Blue Moon Princess

Hi, Lora - Here's how I do it. There's not a right or wrong way, though.

I separate the cards into the major arcana and the 4 suits. The I spend some time studying the images on each card for a few minutes. Sometimes I get new insights into the card's meaning.

I put them in numerical order to review progression (aces = beginnings, twos = unions, etc). Sometimes I study the energies of all the fives together, all the twos together, etc. It helps me tune into the balance between the suits and their elements.

Last, I mix them all up, stirring, stirring, all around on the floor. I gently gather them to me and straighten the deck. The cards are clear, so the next step isn't necessary, it just feels right to me.

Tarot thy power I call to me
To give light to darkness
For those in need
An it harm none, so mote it be

Hope this helps you,
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I have a Mercilles deck and the book that came with it uses the term for the minor arcaina.

Return to “General Divination”