God/Goddess Opinion

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Mannun

God/Goddess Opinion

Post by Mannun »

What is your opinion are:
1.) All Gods and Goddess' are one God/Goddess??
----OR----
2.) All Gods and Goddess are individuals and are of their own characteristics and aspects??
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

i think both are possible. i think to each individual person it depends on how they view it.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

Yes, and light is both particle and wave.

Kolohe
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

i believe that all gods/esses and their characteristics are part of the one god/ess.
Eireayne

Yarp

Post by Eireayne »

I agree with you OC. I think individual god/ess were created to explain various facets of one complex ungendered life/energy source. Had an interesting conversation with my honey a few weekends ago about this and we've decided to do some comparative world religion study. It was an amazing convo, and it was the first time I talked with him about alternate spirituality. Very cool. We're starting with Hinduism. Anywho, I think that would explain some of the universal similarities between different religions (both mono and polytheistic religions.) Different cultures came up with their own explanations/deities, but the qualities they describe are found over and over again. Sort of how different lanquages create their own terms for the same emotion. Love, Amor, Liebe, Amore, Ahava, Sagapo, Ai, Kaerlighed etc... Different religions create their own deity to represent the same facet of the life/energy source. Does that make sense? I may need to clarify... It makes sense in my head :)
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

Eriayne: I think you've made sense.

I think they're both. I look at them as God and Goddess but if I have a particular need I call a particular individual.\

That classfies as having an opinion in both doesn't it?

I think you've looked into it to much Mannun
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Neither

Man created the gods in his image, then almost immediatly gave them power over him.

Argue if you want, but until "God" tells me I'm wrong, I'm right! :twisted:
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
hedge*

Re: God/Goddess Opinion

Post by hedge* »

Mannun wrote:What is your opinion are:
----OR----
2.) All Gods and Goddess are individuals and are of their own characteristics and aspects??
They're individual parts of a whole.
Gods and Goddesses are just characteristics and representations of the source (the universal energy), different parts but all belonging together - a bit like a tree.

You've got the leaves, the bark, the roots....all make up the tree.
We recognise the individual aspects, but you don't call the tree anything else apart from a tree..it's what it is.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Minus for watershields I am in agreeance with everyone.The aspects of the Lord and Lady are just aspects not beings.
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

I believe they are individuals.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Do you belive they all have one source of power ir many? In your belief is there more than one in the beginning?
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

Old thread is old, haha.

Anyways, I'm a hard polytheist. I believe every god and goddess is an individual. However, I do believe that they (and us too I suppos) are linked to one divine cosmis life force.
notluad

Post by notluad »

i think there individual and special and a lot of people who have contact with them including me seem to think they are indivdual but im not saying what i believe is right i dont want to make people think that.
ImperfectAngel

Re: God/Goddess Opinion

Post by ImperfectAngel »

hedge wrote:
Mannun wrote:What is your opinion are:
----OR----
They're individual parts of a whole.
Gods and Goddesses are just characteristics and representations of the source (the universal energy), different parts but all belonging together - a bit like a tree.

You've got the leaves, the bark, the roots....all make up the tree.
We recognise the individual aspects, but you don't call the tree anything else apart from a tree..it's what it is.

I think you have described it the best I have heard in years...
Seigna

Post by Seigna »

All gods and goddesses are separate in my worldview. It just doesn't make any sense otherwise, and my experiences support my conclusion of them being separate.

Can't be sure, though. It's just my experience, as said.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”