Good Men

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Good Men

Post by JBRaven »

While most males that people on this forum have known were/are jerks, not all men are bad. I decided to make this tread to show appreciation for the males that have been great. Please add anyone you can think of.( I know you must have atleast one.)

First:

Mike my husband. He is great. He has had to deal with my hang ups on relationships. He has put up with my hateful family. Mike also has been through 2 operations, making sure that I was comfortable when I came home by waiting on me hand and foot. He supports me in my hopes for a degree in what ever profession I choose. A father of my pride and joy. I love him for it, and want to live the rest of my life with him.

Second:

Mars, he was a man I knew a long time ago. He was the one who saved me from myself and my family. He helped me through my withdraws saving me from a life of addiction. Even after all the horrid things I told him. He got me away from an abusive boyfriend, or at least gave me strength to. He also has beat the crap out of my father for raising a hand to me. (If anyone of you knew my father you too would applaude him).The only thing he ever asked of me was to live and love with all my heart. He died four and a half years ago from AIDS. My our souls be reunited in our next life.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

I am sorry about your friend JB. I mean I am a guy and I don't know what to say. I was told I could not strike till I was attacked. But now I see my little sister and hearing she was raped I am setting that what I have learned aside and KICKING THE HELL OUT OF HER ADPOTED FATHER!
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

My Dad:
Both my parents are great and hard working people. My Dad especially has worked very hard to make sure that my brother and I have had a good life and made sure we could both go to college. (Something neither of my parents were able to complete.) When I was little he worked two jobs for a total of seven days a week. That work has finally paid off and he's in lower management for our county's public works. It may not sound great, but its an improvement from the old days. (He gets weekends off now at least! *lol*) :) He's kinda gruff, but he loves us and we love him. So here's to you Dad! :mrgreen:

Matthew:
Matthew is my oft referred to "hubby" and one of the sweetest guys I know. He left his home and moved nearly 400 miles to live here with me. He goes to school and works a full time job so we can stay at our place. He helped me through my abusive past relationship and its aftermath. *lol* I don't know what else to say beyond the fact that he's kind, supportive, and giving and I'm glad that I snatched him up before some other gal did. *lol* :kiss:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Ron - That's my husband, of course. He is kind, generous, and loving. He does all kinds of stuff for me so I don't have to do it myself - wash my car, fix my car, clean the bathtub (because it hurts my back), take out the garbage, mow the lawn, and all the other "man" chores that men traditionally do. He's clean and neat and I don't have to pick up after him. He picks up after me sometimes though, lol. He goes to work every single day as a mechanic on big rigs, and he never complains about it or calls in sick. He took care of me when I was in drug withdrawals. He buys me nice stuff. He pays his child support every single week without fail. He sees his daughter every weekend instead of ditching her like many fathers would. He's an all-around good husband and father and just a really nice person in general. He's also a good lover - very generous if you know what I mean. :wink: He never calls me names or puts me down. He never, ever hits me or abuses me in any way. He tells me I'm pretty and smart and nice things like that. He's actually the kind of "dream husband" that most women wish for. I can't imagine what his ex-wife was thinking letting him go. I know now that she must realize what she had, because her new husband is lame as hell and very stingy and selfish (they'll be divorced soon, in my opinion.) I love you, Ron. You're the best man I've ever known and I'm very glad that we're married.

This is a good thread JB. I hate men in general so much that it's good sometimes to talk about the good ones and remember that they aren't ALL bad, even though the majority of them seem to be.

darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

David: This may seem strange because I barely knew him over a year, but it was worth it. David is one of the best friends I have ever had, he helped me through alot of tough times and for that I am very thankful.

Nick Crosby: Nick was the funniest micest guy you would have ever met, everyone loved him and I miss him so much. So this post is in memory of Nick who was lost way to soon, but made an amazing amout of friends and impact while he lived.
Lora
5moons

Post by 5moons »

AWWW I never knew I was married to water.
Stonehenge
Admin
Admin

Post by Stonehenge »

Thanks ,

All should know that it is easy to treat someone like the way I do, because she is a very special person, especially to me. We have a genuine love that helps in the process of caring and sharing our lives together. It's very bizzare that we both led lives previous to meeting one another, that were not considered good lives most of the time. But then after meeting and getting to know each other, and working together as a couple, we were able to get to a different level then a lot of couples hardly ever get to, things are so unbelieveably good. I never thought I could be this happy, here I am 39, and finially found true love. Life really is too short to worry about the small things, and if you're not careful and caring with the things that truly mean the world to you, you could lose them. means the world to me, so I will always care for and love her with all that I have so as not to lose her. Love ya Sweetie!

Ron

J.B. Sorry to have posted on your thread, but that post from was so nice I had to add to it.
"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey; we are spiritual beings on a human journey."
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

AWWW I never knew I was married to water.
Huh? What does that mean?

waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I think it means his name must be Matthew too. :lol:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Got it. :)

JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Ron you are a good man so you have the rights to post.
Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Thanks, Ron & ... It's wonderful to see true love at work.

My son is good man. He was raised by me, a girl. He celebrates me because he says I taught him the important things, like how to love himself so he could love others. He says I have been his biggest fan. I still am. He was not an easy child to raise, but he is so worth it.

He is my personal empath. When I am sick or blue, he always seems to pop up at the right moment. I am a lucky mom.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's sweet Debi. Sounds like you are very lucky to have each other. :)

dragonprincess99

Post by dragonprincess99 »

The love of my life Steve was the best b/f I ever had . He loved me no matter what for 7 years . He died in "91" in a fire . I still love him today .

The other would be a friend Chris who helped me fight a nerve disease , he did everything and anything to make me comfortable and help me through it .

Blessed Be ,
Donna
moon*beam

Post by moon*beam »

Im glad i found my BF he is the first man in my life that has made me happy.

You see my dad used to beat the f*ck out of my mum when i was younger so i havent had anyone in my life that i could trust like i trust my Bf. He cares for me and looks after me when i'm sick which is most of the time.
:oops:

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”