Read This Before Asking for a Spell.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Read This Before Asking for a Spell.

Post by JBRaven »

MystickKitties Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:49 pm Post subject: SPELL CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been reading over these postings and I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Magick will not solve all of the ups and downs of life. It is against the Law of Non-manipulation to cast a love spell on someone specific. You can incur bad Karma doing something like that.

There is no magick that will make you psychic. Everyone has psychic abilitiy to a greater or lesser extent. There are things that you can do to help it along, but basically, you have it or you don't.

Metaphysics (the tech term for all of this New Age stuff) is a vast subject. It is a life-long study. It takes discipline. It is easier to get a PhD in Physics then to study metaphysics. There is no specific place to start. You just have to jump in with both feet.

Magick is a very difficult study in itself. There are at least 52 different kinds. Enochian, Ceramonial, Candle, Natural, and so on and so forth.

Remember the Law of Three, Law of Karma, Law of Nonmanipulation, Law of Compensation, etc.

Blessings
Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Hi, JB - I hope you don't mind my adding the Wiccan Rede. Even if you are not Wiccan (I am not), it is a good rule.

An ye harm none, do what ye will

Bright blessings,
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I love the study of metaphysics. :D I'm much more interested in the power of the mind than the power of magic, which I actually believe is the same thing. Magick (in my opinion) is like prayer - some people ask a higher power (the Goddess or the gods) to help their spell work just like Christians ask God and Jesus to make their prayers come true. I think either of those things can work because you are making your mind believe it will come true, and then it does. Or you can go straight to the source (your mind) and do it that way. But that is just my opinion. And I'm not saying there's no God or Goddess. Many people believe that there is, and that they can personally help you get things done. I believe there is a Goddess of sorts, more like a Source of Energy, so to speak, that we all come from, and eventually all go back to after our many lifetimes on Earth and elsewhere. I don't think that the Source helps us personally to get things done, though I have been known to pray to spirit guides and the Goddess quite a bit, which I do believe can help you. I think the power of the mind and your own energy (and energy you get from other sources) is what makes your spells, wishes, and prayers come true.

I agree with JBRaven that you can't solve everything with magic spells. I rarely use them at all myself. In my life, things seem to just work out eventually, with or without spells. It took me quite some time to get to that point, but I'm there now and life has been pretty smooth for the last few years. It has a lot to do with straightening out the things that are wrong in your life and in your attitudes. If you know that the relationship you're in is harmful to you, but you keep hanging on anyway trying to fix it, the rest of your life will not fall in line as it should.

Get rid of the dead weight, quit your miserable job, do whatever you have to do to make things "right" in your life, and then everything else will start falling into place. If you're having trouble in life, it often means you've fallen off the life track or blueprint that you created for yourself before you were born. Once you get back on track, you'll see that things improve for you, often dramatically. Also, use the power of the mind and meditation (and prayer and spells if you like) to help you acheive the goals you have, but don't rely on them for everything. Most things you have to do for yourself, in the physical world. Magic is only an aid to help you out now and then.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Actually, I'm with Starwitch on that one...I'm much more interested in the power of the mind. As current physics research indicates we have the ability to affect matter with thoughts...That's a pretty empowering awareness when we take the time to inform ourselves on the science of the mind, alone.

I also have to concur too on the point that some things are just natural life experiences, and not everything requires applied focus, or magic, or witchcraft, whatever you want to call it....If your girlfriend is unhappy because you broke up with her, it's really uncomfortable, but that's the price you both pay for that relationship...Mutual discomfort when it comes to an end. If you're unhappy with your physical body, get some exercise. If you're hungry, go to the fridge. Don't try to manifest doughnuts with your mind. If you're really too lazy you could sit there, moan, and burden someone else with your laziness until some family member takes pity on you and cooks dinner.

If you have to make someone desire you, it's called psychic rape and manipulation. I think calling it a 'love spell' is only going to morally confuse a novice.

I do think that ritual leads to habit...If you practice a healthy ritual every week, you're creating healthy habits and enhancing your life in practical ways. If you find comfort in these habits, you'll have positive thoughts. Positive thoughts bring about positive behaviors, which bring about positive results, etc. etc. In that sense I think frequent practice of whatever it is you do is a super thing.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

If you're really too lazy you could sit there, moan, and burden someone else with your laziness until some family member takes pity on you and cooks dinner.
lol, you sound like you might know someone like that, Sarah. Let me guess - it's either a kid or a man. :wink:

Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

I agree. Notice that most spells require that you visualize the progression and outcome, harnessing each of the energies as you go? In my life, I have been successful by using visualization. The formality of ritual heightens the energy and helps me concentrate it specifically and strongly. That is what is new for me...the ritual.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I agree that the ritual can help raise energy and it's the visualization and energy that are actually doing the work, not the spell itself. It would really be good if all new witches learned that as a basic part of witchcraft.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Actually, of the three of us, I'm probably the laziest...lol. The kid has A LOT more energy than I do, and his father isn't any slouch, either...But still, when I wrote that, I did have a man in mind...My ex lived with me for a couple of months (before I suggested he might really enjoy living alone, instead) and he was sooo lazy it was insulting and sort of gross. Couldn't tear his eyes away from his video games long enough to make his own toast.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You "suggested he might like living alone", lol. That's a funny way to put it. I know just what you mean though. I have certainly known (and married) people who would rather ask his wife, nieces, mom, or whoever to get his coffee, cigarettes, lighter, and everything else than to get up and do it himself. I'm not sure how people get to be that way, but it's certainly not a good habit to be in and it does not endear you to other people. I wrote an entire article just about that subject, but since my ex likes to stalk around this message board, I won't link to it here to spare him the grief. He has already read it and got his feelings hurt. No one is perfect, right?

threshhold21

Re: Read This Before Asking for a Spell.

Post by threshhold21 »

"There is no magick that will make you psychic. Everyone is has psychic abilitiy to a greater or lesser extent. There are things that you can do to help it along, but basically, you have it or you don't.
"

Thats true but i have come across some spells over the years that do make you pretty psycic or see things just not for a long time. THen some people could be extremely psycic but not know it at all. Being an indigo person i couldnt reach my psycic abilities until i worked my ass off at them.
Cladagh

Post by Cladagh »

I'm not wiccan, I'm just a freelancer who dabbles in this stuff because I live in the midst of it (coastal georgia) and find it interesting.

I agree with the part about not manipulating people. I also agree that, in general, love spells are a bad idea...unless you are just looking for love in a general sense and want it to hurry up and look for you. That seems ok.

My questions are: first, what is the law of 3?

And, second, if you look on the thread I created about motivational spells, is there anything wrong with that?

As I stated there, I am not trying to bend the will of this man. I already know he loves me and I love him. We really do believe that we are meant to be together. But he suffers from depression. Is it wrong of me to want to help him overcome the effects of the depression? Is it wrong of me to give him a little 'push' towards fighting it, so he doesn't have to do so alone?

If you want to reply to me on this issue, please do so on my motivational thread.

Thanks. :)
Fintroll666

Post by Fintroll666 »

the law of 3 pretty much states that whatever you do in your magic will be multiplied threefold back at you
lentamente_morrendo

Post by lentamente_morrendo »

The law of 3 pretty much goes along with everyday life. Whatever you do, magick or not, comes back to you. Good or bad.

And Law of Nonmanipulation? Never heard that one before...people manipulate all the time. There is no "law of nonmanipulation" like the "law of attraction" or "law of gravity" or "law of cause and effect" it's just immoral but people still do it realizing it or not.

:wink:
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I find myself at times getting frustrated when I try anything. It is as though the candles or any other tool I am trying to use is "getting in my way" and ruining my concentration. In my experience, I usually work better without them. Not always, but usually. It is the focus, the meditation, the alertness of life around me, the energy from within that leads me to results the majority of the time.

It's almost like my choice of self-defense in the physical world... I have no clue how to properly hold, much less fire, a gun. I'm only good with a knife in the kitchen. My choice was a study of pressure points and of various kick-boxing moves, among other things. It freed me from having to carry anything, especially something that could be used against me, and in the meantime the nice people are not nervous at the thought of my carrying a weapon around. So it is with mindpower techniques, and why I prefer it the most. Even in one of my baby-food beginners Kabballah books, they talk about visualizing what you need so you can find it.

There have been exceptions, though. Some things I cannot explain (such as the dreams). I use the candles, the jars, etc if I think it can help energize me, and then I just try diet mountain dew or something... heh heh. Moon phases do not even seem to matter a lot of the time, it seems. It is as though when my brain is ready, it's ready. Waiting for a moon phase, or an eclipse, or a storm, or a drought, or a time of day just wastes my time and causes me too much confusion, and by then my energy and focus just is not there anymore. Either that or something else came up to demand my attention. I think there are better times to do things and even maximal times, like in the physical world where it is strongly recommended to water your garden and/or lawn either very early in the morning or very late in the afternoon/very early evening. Like I say all the time, though, I am always the student.

I've yapped enough. You get my point. :)
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
marzipan73

Post by marzipan73 »

what is bad karma? what do you mean by this?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”