Something I wrote long ago

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
SOLBREAKS

Something I wrote long ago

Post by SOLBREAKS »

Im alive but im not living

This life is just not fitting

no pleasure no joy

This agony I must avoid

If jackals take your life their aint no coming back

so i better get my life on track.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Hmm, not too bad of a poem!~ :D
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

I like your poem
SOLBREAKS

Post by SOLBREAKS »

on the topic of suicide my grandfather just killed himself. He had a terminal illness and had been in pain for several months. Im intrested to know opinions on wether it was the right descsion or a mistake.
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

I'm sorry to here about your grandfather. My aunt has cancer through out her body and has been saying things like she just wants to die to take away all the pain. She just seems to get sicker with all the meds and chemo. I think the only thing that keeps her going is her kids and grandkids.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

SOLBREAKS wrote:on the topic of suicide my grandfather just killed himself. He had a terminal illness and had been in pain for several months. Im intrested to know opinions on wether it was the right descsion or a mistake.
I don't think anyone can say if it is the "right decision or a mistake." This is especially true in extreme circumstances such as anyone suffering from a terminal illness. I read an article a few days ago by a medium on this subject. She addresses the terminally ill and suicide in her article here.

Here's an interesting comment she makes later on in this article:

One of the biggest stumbling blocks for suicides is forgiving themselves for giving up and for causing pain to friends and family. In fact, the spirits of some suicides will endlessly hover around the living, seeking to make things right or be forgiven.

Our prayers are therefore very important. If we communicate to those who have killed themselves that we forgive them, and we go on to make our own peace with their deaths, they will know that we are okay and they'll feel encouraged to forgive themselves as well. We are also wise to visualize them bathed in divine healing light, to pray for angels and other helpers to go to their aid, and to wish them great good in the afterlife.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
MoonBlaze

Post by MoonBlaze »

Thats very intresting Peregrine. I have noticed that every time I get those thoughts, I tend to grab a knife or a glass shard about the size of my hand but, I always stop when I see a picture of my family or remember my friends. Somewhere in life you will be needed and if your gone think of what will happen. Also think of all your happy memorys and block out the bad.
SOLBREAKS

Post by SOLBREAKS »

"Block out the bad shit" thats the right descion but what happens if your life gets over run with tragedy for ever. to the point ware you cant even rember the positive.
Zili

Post by Zili »

you have to work to remember the positive. I've been abused in some form or another since i was 5 years old (always people outside of the family) and Have had depression since I was in 4th grade, I also suffer from SAD, PMDD (which makes the depression even worse) and Borderline Personality Disorder...

suicide is a personal choice so no one can say if its wrong or right but you have a choice to remember and see the positive not everything has to be shrouded in misery. In Feb. I had to make a choice, let everything beat me down and end it all, or to start living my life for me the way I want to live it...guess what I chose? Does that mean that I don't have anymore problems my depression is cured? No, nothing is cured but I chose to see things in a better light sometimes its hard to, but we are able to do it.

Return to “Mental Health”