Runes, Alphabet of Mystery

Discussion of runes.
waterglyph

Runes, Alphabet of Mystery

Post by waterglyph »

I hope that I'm not stepping on Xeph's toes by posting this, but this is a very excellent website on Runes I found a long time ago. Its about everything you'd want to know and then some. :)

[dead link removed by admin]
AnAlbatross

Post by AnAlbatross »

well,

i want to know runes and their QUALITIES.

such as runes of protection and luck.

Y'know, a friend goes into a football match and you cast a protective rune on him/her.

a link'd be swell chickadees!
Horab

Post by Horab »

yep runes they sure can be accurate

does anybody here ever mediate on them?

hope it's ok to post link here:

a site for an intro to rune meanings
[Kristin]

Runes

Post by [Kristin] »

Here is an image of the pendant I wear all the time:

The top Rune is a symbol for love, art and harmony.
The middle Rune is a symbol for positive energy at all times.
The Rune to the left is for health, both mental and physical.
The Rune to the right is for well being, work
The bottom Rune is called the Blind Rune. worn for mental concentration.

Sorry the image is not clearer...it's 5:00am here
The pendant is lapiz lazuli with malachite. Both stones native to Chile.

The consecration of the Runes is something you must do before wearing them. The webpages should give you a good idea of all that information.
You can perform a ritual, you don't have to use your own blood to consecrate them. This is entirely up to you and what you believe.
You can buy or make your Runes. The websites are pretty specific about how to go about it.
I have other Runes that I carry on my person. If you visit the websites you will know the meanings of what the Runes stand for and be able to choose what charms you feel you need for your life and what is going on with you.
Again, sorry about the photo. But it gives you an idea of what I am talking about. :wink:
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Runes

Post by LaFiamma »

Kristin wrote:Here is an image of the pendant I wear all the time:

The top Rune is a symbol for love, art and harmony.
The middle Rune is a symbol for positive energy at all times.
The Rune to the left is for health, both mental and physical.
The Rune to the right is for well being, work
The bottom Rune is called the Blind Rune. worn for mental concentration.

Sorry the image is not clearer...it's 5:00am here
The pendant is lapiz lazuli with malachite. Both stones native to Chile.

The consecration of the Runes is something you must do before wearing them. The webpages should give you a good idea of all that information.
You can perform a ritual, you don't have to use your own blood to consecrate them. This is entirely up to you and what you believe.
You can buy or make your Runes. The websites are pretty specific about how to go about it.
I have other Runes that I carry on my person. If you visit the websites you will know the meanings of what the Runes stand for and be able to choose what charms you feel you need for your life and what is going on with you.
Again, sorry about the photo. But it gives you an idea of what I am talking about. :wink:

I know this is an old thread..but those actually don't look like runes. Symbols of SOME sort, but definitely not runes. Too complicated. They're not bindrunes either.
[Kristin]

????

Post by [Kristin] »

OK...I am not an expert, but I bought from:

http://www.lapislazulijoyas.cl/SIMBOLOS_RUNICOS.htm

Did I get ripped off?
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I am sure there probly is differnt types of rumes, the ones most commenly used in divinity or spells or anything i belive are Viking runes this website explanes it more, really its the link above but it shows the alpfabet and there meansing and information on a little of the history.

Now Kristin in my unprofetinal-personal oppinion i belive that if someone belives the ideam is...lucky then its lucky, if thay belive the ideam is unlucky then its unlucky, someone mite tell you you where ripped off someone mite tell you that you got a great deal. If you like it and belive you will be protected them you give your energy to it witch protect you. I did a spell that turned my engagment ring into something to protect me mintaly and phisicly. When i get married i will probly do the same thing to my wedding ring because i know i will never forget to put it back on if i take it off and i belive it already had a spectial power when i was given it because i know he gave it to me out of love and want for me to be around him.

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Ravenari

Post by Ravenari »

Sunnyways is an excellent place for rune readings. You can also consider the authors Edred Thorsson, Leon D. Wild and Kenneth Meadows (though I heard that he might be out of print, he works with the Uthark, like myself).

This is a link to my own rune's list, which includes information for all reversed runes, and also how to use them in magic and ritual.

Runes are my primary form of divination, and I made and consecrated my own set from river pebbles selected carefully from one of Western Australia's main 'artery' rivers.
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

Sunnyway is a really good site that I use as a reference often. I posted a link to it on my homepage lol.

Here is a picture of the pendant I wear.

I originally saw it in a magazine (way over priced) so I got it on eBay woohoo! lol
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare

Return to “Runes”