Runecastings

Discussion of runes.
Kentu The Runecaster

Runecastings

Post by Kentu The Runecaster »

I'm gonna try to put all the meanings of each rune down in here, that way you'll have some idea of what I'm talking about. Not exactly a form of divination, but a compass to help you in your lifes journey. You can start requesting castings a soon as you feel the need if you wish, I'll get to it as soon as possible. These pasages are from the book of runes written by Ralph Blum. Blessed be

I will to will thy will
coming soon
Kentu The Runecaster

The Self, Mannaz,.1: The starting point is the self. It's essence is water. Only clarity, willingness to change is effective now. For from a correct relationship to yourself comes a right relationship to all others and to the divine.
Remain modest--- that is the counsel of Mannaz. Regardless of how great maw be your merit, be yielding, devoted and moderate, for then your life will have a true direction.
Be in the world but not of it, that is implicit here. and yet do not be closed, narrow, or filled with judgement; rather remain receptive to impulses flowing from the divine within and without. Strive to live the ordinary life in the nonordinary way. Remember at all times what is coming to be and passing away, and focus on that which abides. Nothing less is asked of you now.
This is a time of major growth and rectification and. as a rule, rectification must come before progress. The field is tilled before the seed is planted, the garden is weeded before the flower blooms, and the self must know stillness before it can sing it's true song.
This is not a time to seek credit for accomplishments or to focus on results. Rather, be content to do your task for the tasks sake. This is more a problem for those whoso eyes are always on the goal than those who have not forgotten how to play and can more easily find themselves in their work. Herein lies the secret of experiencing a true present.
If you take the rune of The Self and cut it down in the middle, you will see the Rune of Joy with it's mirror image. There is a subtle caution here against carelessness. The dancing acrobatic energy of balancing is called for now---- the Self is required to balance the self. Nothing in excess was the second phrase written over the gateway to the temple at delphi. The First counsel was Know Thyself

Reversed: If you feel blocked, do not turn to others, but look inside, in silence, for the enemy of your progress. No matter what area of your life seems to be blocked, stop and consider: You will recognize the outer "enemy" as but a reflection of what you have not, untill now been able or willing to recognize as coming from within.
Above all be humble. Breaking the momentum of past habits is the challenge here: In the life of the spirit you are always at the beginning.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Great idea and a great post xeph. I'm gonna enjoy reading these :D

hedge
Kentu The Runecaster

thanks hedge
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Need more info man. I am still working on my elemental info so everyone knows what the hell is going on with elements and this looked kool to look into so keep it up.
Kentu The Runecaster

Sorry bud, I've bin in the fonthill public library lately and it wouldn't let me on the forum at all, but it works now, and I don't have the book of rune cards with me, but I promise I'll do as much as I can, I'm glad at least two people are showing some interest.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I was going to post a picture of the runes for here, but there are so many different types to choose from and I didn't know which one is the same as what you're using. Anyway, search Google Images and you can find one if you want to post it here so everyone has an image to go with the rune you are explaining.

Kentu The Runecaster

your Brilliant!, I'd kiss you but mygirl friend would kill me. Thanks for the great idea
Kentu The Runecaster

sorry about the really super-long delay guys I'm working as hard and fast as I can now to catch up
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

No problem Xeph. If you need help posting the picture, let me know. It has to be online somewhere for you to post it, and most people don't want you direct linking to their images, so I can host the image on my server if you need me to.

hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I can't keep up with the name changes!
:D LOL!!!!

hedge
Kentu The Runecaster

this is the last one for a while
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yeah, me neither. Maybe I should disable that option. Anyway, I didn't even notice he changed his name. I saw it out of the corner of my eye for a second, but I didn't study it and didn't use it. I wish pagans chose simpler names for themselves. I'm going to change my name to "ZephoriayahSunshineGoddess" and make everyone call me that, lol.

waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

But you can't be a real Pagan unless its Lady ZephoriayahSunshineGoddess. :roll:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

VERY nice name Waterglyph! :) Love the "lady" part! lol.

I have a little trouble spelling "glyph", but it's certainly better than some of the other names around here. I just have to think for a second before I type it. I would call you "water" but you saw what happened the other day with that ("I didn't know I was married to water.") huh? lol. Confusing.

Return to “Runes”