Guides

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SilverLilly

Guides

Post by SilverLilly »

Hello All,

I've come across posts where people say to ask your guide for guidance and such. How do you know who your guide is? How do you find him or her?

I've been meditating for 2 months now (not on a regular basis) and have yet to find anything :(

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Don't worry.

Look to a place within you that speaks guidance. It is very deep. In your bones, your heart, and your gut. These are your guides. They will not lie to you and they will never stop loving you. They will lead you to the Spirit World.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

Hello Earth,

I wonder, could this be the person I see in my dreams all the time? He's a young boy, 18ish, brown hair and eyes, tall and very nice face definitions. When we meet he seems to take me to a place that is related to earth. I have yet to know his name. But *damn* he hot..LOL

BB
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

SilverLilly wrote:Hello Earth,

I wonder, could this be the person I see in my dreams all the time? He's a young boy, 18ish, brown hair and eyes, tall and very nice face definitions. When we meet he seems to take me to a place that is related to earth. I have yet to know his name. But *damn* he hot..LOL

BB
That's him.
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

Oh great...:lol: I don't know his name, and I find him totally hot..:oops:

Next time I should ask for his name.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

Lol

I have 3 guides, their usually in your dreams, the way i found myn was by astral projecting i saw them and they follow me everywere and even though i cant see them when im awake i sometimes feel their presence.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

The weird thing about guides and their names is that some have really normal names that you would expect to find in a phonebook and others (like mine) have really elaborate names that humans actually can't pronounce correctly. XD Hence why she has a nickname. ;) They don't care what you call them, though.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

It takes time. I'm still trying to know mine better and I've been sending out my proverbial messages in the bottle since the early nineties. I am convinced that mine simply enjoys a certain level of privacy, and often seems amused at my antics.

I'm thinking it is like anything else. Like in math class, you can sit there with a math problem and feel proud after finally figuring out after struggling for hours. Other classmates figure out the same math problem in a heartbeat. I feel more like the first example when it comes to these sorts of things.
Twine wrote: They don't care what you call them, though.
That has been my experience with my particular teacher/guide.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

Thank you Twine. I really do hope he comes back soon. I have so many questions to ask. Yet, I have a feeling that he'll be the one talking..lol.

Hey, now that I think about it, we weren't talking in this dream. I could feel what he wanted simply by looking into his eyes.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

I didn't find mine for a while.
Most of the time they don't talk verbally, they speak to you from within you.
So you'll hear it in your head even though they aren't speaking, but you'll know it is them.
I have a woman who is somehow related to the moon, she always takes me to a little cabin and there is a window behind her and a forest.
The moon changes with whatever phase it is, and she changes form through the mother maiden crone aspects.
She is usually rocking back and forth too.

She showed up after I acknowledged by shamanic calling.
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

i did pendulem dousing when i first met my guide
Earth wolf, how is that done? I don't even have a pendulem. I might try googling and see what I find. Any first hand advice is always better than the 25 thousand versions on google..lol
Most of the time they don't talk verbally, they speak to you from within you.

Yes that is exactly how it felt. The feeling was amazing.

Seeing as yesterday was wednesday, and the proper day of the week to perform spells for communication, I thought that I would check the web to see if I could come up with a spell that would help me dream of my guide again. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. I simply slept with my purple quartz.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

Just had to take the opportunity to mention my Guide, Tobias. He's a dead punk rocker, killed by a drunk driver when he was 19 in 1982. He calls it "Doing the Superman" when you fly through a windshield or something in such a way that your body is dead and you don't realize it for a while. At first, I thought he was "imaginary"... we met when I was five. I liked his blue hair and boots, but I was confused by his treehugging ways... so I called him "a pippy from the oldies" until I was about 8. After I turned 12 and had a very profound experience with him in the shower... (LOOOOONG VERY FUNNY STORY) I realized he was here to guard and guide me through this entire lifetime, because that's what he wants to do for this part of his afterlife, not because I imagined him into existence. We've been on many adventures since. I actually allow him to take control of my body sometimes.... did it a lot more often in highschool because the girls LOVED him....(ahem) anyway... contacting your guides is a very important part of understanding your identity as a worker of any majik. Some are funny, some are scary, some are angelic, some are tribal, some are ancestors, some are just dead punk rockers that get attached to little girls that can see them.......
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
cloud

Post by cloud »

i still havent found mine yet and i feel so alone but luckly rain make me feel better no idea y :?
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

Cloud,
I just figured out that this guy was my guide. I've always seen him as the sexy guy in my dream that I was destined to be with with....LOL
It wasn't until last month that he started showing me things. He's only shown me stuff twice.

Don't worry Cloud, your guide will come to you. He or she is probably already there and you don't know it yet. I would strongly suggest that you start a dream book, and write down all your dreams. That's how I discovered mine. I posted here for confirmation.
cloud

Post by cloud »

thanx ill try that i just hope i find them or it i really woud like to talk to them or it
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”