Italy's Witchcraft

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
hachiban08

Italy's Witchcraft

Post by hachiban08 »

Hi to all :)
I have a question regarding the Italy and the magick of that region. In the spring of 2011, I will be studying overseas in a town called Siena, which is basically in the middle of Tuscany. I was wondering if anyone knew about the magick of the region, because I'd like to look more into it. I've heard about the magick and witchcraft in Italy but not much and I think I am doing the wrong searches because I'm not pulling up much about it. Can anyone help please. :D
Thanks in advance! <3 :D

-Hachi
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

Aww, did I post this in the wrong section? or does no one have the answer? :( Its ok though.
Fie

Post by Fie »

Sorry i read this earlier and tried to do some research but I came up dry. Maye when you get there you can ask around? Who knows, someone you talk to might know or have a strong background with magick in Italy, Siena
[i][color=spirit]It may be that no life is found,
Which only to one engine bound
Falls off, but cycles always round.
ALFRED TENNYSON, The Two Voices[/i][/color]

Can you hear the coyotes yipping?
They are having a good time.
Teasing the shadows.

[url=http://dragcave.net/user/Fie-kun][img]http://incubators.dragcave.net/incubator_Fie-kun.png[/img][/url]
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

Ah, thanks for the answers you guys, much appreciated :)
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Might try the "Meet Others" board here at this link?

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... um.php?f=5
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

All I know is about Italian Witchcraft, Stregheria. Not of any specific regions.
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Peregrine. I'll look into that.

Ravencry, could you please tell me more about what you know? Every little bit helps :)

Thanks again! ^^
-Hachi
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Stregheria is sometimes referred to as La Vecchia Religione (meaning the Old Religion).Stregheria has both similarities and differences with Wicca, and in some ways resembles other culturally-based Neopagan religions. Most notably, Stregheria honors a pantheon of deities, with a Moon Goddess and a Horned God regarded as central, as in Wicca. Also similar to Wicca, this core duotheistic pair of deities are regarded as divine lovers, and they may go by many different names, including: Uni and Tagni, Tana and Tanus, Diana and Dianus, Jana and Janus, and more.Like Wicca, many groups within Stregheria celebrate eight holidays, called "Treguendas", while others celebrate the Catholic holidays or the ancient Roman holidays. One unified practice among Streghe is "ancestor reverence through spirits known as Lares".

Some Stregheria groups (a Stregheria group, according to Grimassi, is called a Boschetto) practice their religion skyclad.Most practitioners of Stregheria think of themselves as witches and believe that magic can have an effect upon reality. Some see their practice as more shamanic in nature. The more hermetic traditions of Stregheria contain a specific belief about the influence of spiritual beings on magic. They believe that beings known as the Grigori (a kind of angel in Judeo-Christian belief) or "Watchers" witness the "ritual display of prescribed signs and gestures", and that they have the power to "negate magickal energy" from the "astral plane". Not all traditions of Stregheria work with the Grigori or any angelic beings. Some traditions of Stregheria incorporate elements of Christianity into their practice, which establish non-pagan themes and concepts. Aradia, Gospel of the Witches is supposed to be a great book on Italian Witchcraft, though it is Christianized.

You can download ot here: http://www.occult-underground.com/wicca.html
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

Thanks for all the info, but I apologize. Unfortunately, my school canceled my program for Siena and I can't afford the Rome program, so I won't be going this spring :(

I think I'm gonna try and study in England for next summer though. Thanks for all the help everyone. Much appreciated.

-Hachi

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”