Oneiromancy

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Tyvnn Shroud

Oneiromancy

Post by Tyvnn Shroud »

Does anyone have any tips on Oneiromancy? I ask because it seems like something I want to start out in. I have started my dream journal a few days ago and have a few things that seem very odd. I have also been wearing a Moonstone bracelet while sleeping and I have a holed stone strung with a 9 knotted cord hung above where my head lies.

Oneiromancy is the practise of Divination through dreams.
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

I don 't have any tips, I'm sorry, it just comes naturally to me, I have been having alot of prophetic dreams since I was a little kid. Same with one of my best friends. I would think deep meditation before sleeping might help.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Didn't know the word but have done this a lot for a while.

Seriously you can't expect wearing a moons stone on a chord and reveiving dreams and understand them within a few days. It takes lot of work to

1) Train your dream recall. YOu should be able to recall about 3 dreams per night.

2) Get a feeling for your dreams. Is this one a precognition dream, an important message from your subconcious, just dealing with things or garbage? Learn to know this just by the feeling this dream gives you.

3) Know your symbols. Really know them by heart. You should be able to write a book with just your symbols in it. You should be able to interpret your normal dreams with important messages from your subconcious. This will take a lot of work (took me a few years).

You will achieve all this with writing a dream diary and working/meditation with your dreams and always compare it with reality so you will be able to decode your symbols and look if you were right with your subconcious-interpretation.

Also note your feeling which kind of dream you had and compare if your feeling was right. If you want more precognition dreams note what you've done the day befor you had one, so you will learn your triggers.

But beware, only interpret (and believe) your interpretations of precognition dreams when you are already able to interpret and distiguish all your other dreams. Otherwise you will end up with a wrong interpretation of the future and freak out ;)

Return to “General Divination”