Physics-general - about the life, the universe and the rest

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
Traumwandlerin

Physics-general - about the life, the universe and the rest

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Just wanted to start a physics-general-thread, for all those nice theories an discussions about the life, the universe and the rest ;)

I start with quantum-loop-gravitation :D I've known this for quite a while, but it's still untested theory. But I like it much more than string theory, since it explains space in itself. How everything is just a net of connected quantum loops.

So what is your favourite theory, idea, experiment?

Let's talk about physics, don't be shy :D
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Hah, my favourite theory in terms of sheer genius is just the simulation theory. It has nothing really to do with physics, well except that in a simulation all of quantum and traditional physics can happen without problems since a computer system is not real.

The reason i like it is because no-one can ever, ever, ever disprove it.

If you accept that human civilisation, or indeed aliens, will one day reach a technological point where they can create a simulation so real that those inside would think it real then you MUST accept that the time has already come and passed and that you are in fact inside the simulation.

As for physics no one theory can explain it, i dont know amazing amounts about physics, or indeed anything, i know what i need to know and i know what i am interested in knowing. Quantum physics and "fringe science" as i would describe it is very interesting, black holes, time dilation, particle physics sub atomic particles.

Entanglement really interests me too. It is almost non-biological telepathy. I also want to know the speed at which the information in entanglement travels, since information should be bound by the speed of light and yet from what i hear it is "instant" thus faster than light which is something science doesnt like. Though i myself fail to understand why the absolute limit is the speed of light. If you can enlighten me as to why i cant go faster than light i would gladly listen!
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

I did not do much physics, but we did some of it in Astronomy.

One of my favorite topics in Astronomy was the Earth's Magnetic Field. It is responsible for the Aurora (the northern lights) and it even effects the direction in which crystals will sit at the mouth of a volcano when erupted - they will align horizontal to the field!!
:shock:

Then it also changes poles and makes reversals. And it creates a protective shield around planet earth to protect from the outer environment of space. The mag. field is also one of the causes of earthquakes/tsunami's.
I choose it for the topic of one of my papers.......I love it!!
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I strongly dislike magnetic fields, it's a hell for calculating in my eye ;) And so counterintuituve, since the force goes 90 degress rotated! (or maybe becase in my last exam I just didn't get it right and my grades were suffering from this ^^). But it's nice to have a protective shield :)

And for nothings going faster than the light, that's just how the maths turned out. It's kind of asymptotic, cause the more energy you give an object, the faster it wents normally, but it also gets a bit heavier. So part of the energy goes into speed the other goes in mass. This ratio will change with the speed, the more speed an object already has, the more of the energy you put in will transform into mass rather than more speed.So from zero speed to a little everything goes in speed and from almost speed of light, almost everything goes in mass. But things will never reach speed of light itself. The speed of light is the fastest one, cause everything that is able to move with the speed of light had no mass to begin with. They could only exist with this speed cause it will give them mass to exist (just a figure of speech so you have something to visualize). But they can't get any faster cause at this point all the energy would be transformed in others, like frequency.

And simulation like in this movie "the matrix"? I really think it's kind of boring, cause how will you know anyway? It's not helpful at all or teach you something about yourself or the universe ^^ Also as someone who suffers from a very serious derealisation (a form of those dissociation disorders I have) I'll go most of the times along with believing this world is fake, so simulation theory don't add anything to my system.

Entanglement is a nice thing to think about and it looks like telepathy or transportation or stuff. But really it tells yo just something about the dimensions. Two things that are entangled are really the same thing. They are higher-dimensional objects and only if you project it in our 3+1-dimensions they look seperated.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ah light speed makes a little more sense now! Never heard that explanation but it makes sense.
Entanglement is a nice thing to think about and it looks like telepathy or transportation or stuff. But really it tells yo just something about the dimensions. Two things that are entangled are really the same thing. They are higher-dimensional objects and only if you project it in our 3+1-dimensions they look seperated.
Never thought of it like that, i would've said that the information travels through another dimension, or that the basic calculations of light speed travel of information are flawed but that doesnt explain how the link itself works.

In your theory though, what makes the particles negatives of each other? Surely if they are the same then their spin should be the same, rather than flipping to the opposite?
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Cause you look at the same object from another angle ;) The object above does not have the spin it appears to have here, the spin itself is just a projection of another value of an higher dimension. But I should look the mathematical background up again how this object really is described mathematically. You could think of this as seeing back and front of something at the same time, but it's not really how it is, since it's higher dimensional, but it's something to give the mind to have an inner picture.

The both particles you see arent the same. That's way I gave you the excersise to draw 4-d-cubes from different perspectives. But to get a feeling for this, maybe watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbprfcSVcyQ when you understood this watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvUaFuv5Uw . And afterwards watch this, dimensions are added while yo watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7HDBj9ZQQ

Return to “Beyond the Earth”