Must I Have an Element?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
AmberCraft

Must I Have an Element?

Post by AmberCraft »

Can't I just be free to use whatever spells I wish, regardless of element? And can I be a stone witch?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

elements are just like moods or personalities. I am a fire person, not because of my birthday or because someone said so, but because i act like fire. I am warm, bright, light and energetic to those i love. And yet to those i hate i am venegeful, angry, hateful, spitting, burning roaring. I dont have mercy for those i dislike, i am uncontrollable and once i get a hold of something i will not let go until i am done with it. Fools will easily get burned by me and yet friends will be looked after.

A water person might be fluid in life, so when a problem occurs they adapt to "flow" around it and ultimately rejoin their path to their goal like a river twists and bends but always ends in the ocean. They would be stable but moving.

You mention stone and the closest "traditional" element is earth. An earth person would be solid, like a rock, stubborn at times and always knowing what they want and when they want it. They might be slow moving in life, taking their time but when they make a decision they would stick to it. But i would guess that making decisions for them is rare or a slow process! They would be less likely to go out on a whim and do crazy or adventurous things. They might seem cold to outsiders but i guess once they accept someone into their lives they would literally be the rock for the other person to lean on. Dependable.

And so on....

Essentially you arent an element, i am not in any way related to fire just as there is nothing earthy or stony about you. However your personality may be like stone (hard, stable, stubborn, slow moving, strong willed etc...) So you tell us, what element are you? :)

And nope, you dont need to "be" any element, it doesnt change anything but perhaps helps you understand yourself and the way you react to situations as well as helping you understand why you like certain people and not others (an earth person would bore the crap out of me, sorry to say it :D just not exciting enough! Fire or air, oh yes!) And at the same time you can be morre than one, some days perhaps fiery, others more fluid like water, and then other days stationary like earth.
AmberCraft

Post by AmberCraft »

So, that's all it is? Well....That's....Special.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Mhmm. There are a lot of people who like magick to be like:

"Oh yayz, i spoked to da treez and dey told me i iz a water person so i went to da sea and i spokez to it and the wavez got bigger and bigger and then i heard the sea talk to mai and tell mai i am a water person. Then i spoke in latinz some weird wordz and this god and goddesz floated down from da skiez and told me i was their child and that bast is mai grandmother and poseidon is my grandadz and dat is why i iz a water person. Ai r specialz :D :D :D"

And its really nothing like that.

*shrugs* let the loonies lived in their world while we have the real world to ourselves eh! But maybe *I* am wrong, no-one will know until they die i suppose.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

shadowx wrote:Mhmm. There are a lot of people who like magick to be like:

"Oh yayz, i spoked to da treez and dey told me i iz a water person so i went to da sea and i spokez to it and the wavez got bigger and bigger and then i heard the sea talk to mai and tell mai i am a water person. Then i spoke in latinz some weird wordz and this god and goddesz floated down from da skiez and told me i was their child and that bast is mai grandmother and poseidon is my grandadz and dat is why i iz a water person. Ai r specialz :D :D :D"

And its really nothing like that.

*shrugs* let the loonies lived in their world while we have the real world to ourselves eh! But maybe *I* am wrong, no-one will know until they die i suppose.
LOL. again, nice job.

Anyone, yea, like shadow said, i am multiple elements, i happen to be 3 of the 4. i have a spirit of fire, a water and earthy personality.
some people also like to stick to balance, that they have the same amount of each element in their personalities. either way is fine, it depends on YOU, on what and who you are.
ladystargazer

My element

Post by ladystargazer »

Im all of them i can be calm like water energetic and ruthless like fire solid and stubborn like earth an fluid and everchanging like air. No one can be an element you can relate to one. Blessed Be
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

You can chose any system you like. There are other systems with other elements or with trees or animals or whatever. The four elements are just the system we in our society use most. If you can't relate to them, then don't. Chose whatever you like or nothing at all. Just keep in mindif you chose another system people probably have it more difficult to understand you. But that's their problem ;)

What is the quality of "stone", why would you like stone as your element? What relates and why?
Niyela

Post by Niyela »

shadowx wrote:elements are just like moods or personalities. I am a fire person, not because of my birthday or because someone said so, but because i act like fire. I am warm, bright, light and energetic to those i love. And yet to those i hate i am venegeful, angry, hateful, spitting, burning roaring. I dont have mercy for those i dislike, i am uncontrollable and once i get a hold of something i will not let go until i am done with it. Fools will easily get burned by me and yet friends will be looked after.

A water person might be fluid in life, so when a problem occurs they adapt to "flow" around it and ultimately rejoin their path to their goal like a river twists and bends but always ends in the ocean. They would be stable but moving.
I love how you explain that. I am both water and fire and the way u explained it fits me oh so perfect lol :D
*Let your spirit guide you*

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”