)O( The Directions, Elements, and Life Cycle )O(

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

)O( The Directions, Elements, and Life Cycle )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

So, there are many correlations that can be made between these things. I would like to hear how YOU draw the lines. Right now, I am having trouble with North and East. In my Priestessing of the Goddess Temple, I invoked the Powers of the East under the Element of Air and the Aspect of the Maiden. The Powers of the North were under the Element of Earth and the Aspect of the Crone. To the South was the Mother and to the West the Queen. Now, I feel more compelled to this format:

North-Air-Ancestors-Winter
South-Fire=Lovers-Summer
East-Earth-Children-Spring
West-Water-Elders-Autumn

Your turn.
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

I don’t feel the need to place the elements, instead I now use my own sympathetic magic or I use correspondences that I feel are related to the elements. For example certain spices or herbs, found natural materials such as feathers.

Earlier in my own tradition I did place the elements based on my own intuition after much research.

For me North was air because I face north and I can see the sky, East for me was obviously the sun because the sun raises in the east, South was the Earth because it is below my feet and is also behind me, Water is in West because I live in the north west of England and the closest stretch of sea is to the west of me. Water is also the opposite of fire, so placing water in the west makes perfect sense to me. And spirit was of course placed at the top or in the centre.

Now I prefer to use the following:

Element = Wind/Breath
blue, hardship, defeat, trouble - winter - a season for survival and waiting
Wisdom, intellect, the adult self, the mind, going within, the dark

Element = Fire/Life Source
yellow, success; triumph - spring - a re-awakening, the power of new life
Illumination, creation, self, spirits, ancestors

Element = Water/Heath/Healing
White/Blue, peace; happiness ... summer - a time of plenty
Trust and Innocence, emotions.

Element = Earth
Brown... death ... autumn - the final harvest, the end of life's cycle
Introspection and intuition, the physical body.

Element = Spirit
white (centre) and all of the elements
... learning, SELF

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”