How I Use The Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Serendipity

How I Use The Tarot

Post by Serendipity »

How I Use The Tarot

First of all let me say that I realize that I’m in the minority here when it comes to divination because I don’t believe in it the way most magical practitioners do and I totally respect the rights of others to believe in it the way that they do.

But, for me I don’t believe it is possible to predict the future except by paying attention to the details of the present and drawing reasonable conclusions based on those observations.

If divination, real and completely accurate divination was possible, that would mean that the future is predetermined and that would mean there is no such thing as freewill, and I believe totally in freewill.

I’ve decided to do a series on the tarot as I use it. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Now here is how I do it.

I pull one card out of the deck and without looking at it put it face down in the center of the working area. Then I begin to draw series of cards, three at a time and place them around the center card until I have a total of twelve cards surrounding the center card.

The center card represent me. Who I am at this time. The cards that surround the center card are indicator cards that reflect why I am who I am, what is going on in my life, why I am making the choices I am, what I’m doing wrong, what I’m doing right, things like that.

Basically I’m using the cards to say… “Hey stupid pay attention! This stuff is important!”

So, onto each of the cards now and how I see them.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Cool spread :)

Any format specificly for each card?
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Serendipity

Re: How I Use The Tarot

Post by Serendipity »

Basically the three card spread that goes above the center “me” card speak to how I got to where I am now and who I am now.

The three cards spread that goes to the right of the center card speaks to influances in my life that are outside my control, people or situations that effect things that are currently going on in my life, for good or bad, things like that.

The three card spread at the bottom of the center card is about options I have and what those options might mean to me.

The three card spread at the left of the center card is something that I assign to the title of “speak to me.” Meaning that I simply choose to stay open to anything the cards might think I need to hear that may or may not have occurred to me.

There is another spread I like to use that is simply a linier spread and I’ll talk about that next.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Very nice layout. I use my cards in order of three's usually, so this works perfectly for me :)
Thank you Serendipity.
The only thing is I have a weird obsession with 12, and with 13 total it makes me feel odd.
At the moment I can't think of a way around this though without taking out the center "me" card completely.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks again,
Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Adjust it in the way that makes the most sense to you. Leave out the "me" card if you want, or if the 12 thing isn't that big a deal and you simply want to avoid 13 then use 3 in the middle for a total of 15. Either way, or something altogether different, it doesn't matter as long as it works for you.

Return to “Tarot Talk”