Help With the Basics of Divination?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
SingingCanyon

Help With the Basics of Divination?

Post by SingingCanyon »

Merry Meet all!

I'm a fairly new Wiccan and am still working on solving a few mysteries. I would really like to learn about Divination though. I have no idea what types there are besides Rune and Water Divination so if someone would be kind enough to help me with this i would be so great full!
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
roseonfire

Re: Help With the Basics of Divination?

Post by roseonfire »

Water divination is also known as scrying, which can also be done with a black mirror, or crystal ball. Other TYPES of scrying include fire scrying and scrying into the clouds. Other divination methods include Tarot or other cartomancy, pendulum, bibliomancy, tea leaf reading. There are quite a few methods out there.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
SingingCanyon

Post by SingingCanyon »

Could you explain any of those? I'm really interested in water scrying and black mirror scrying.
Bring me your peace,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

To be honest, I haven't gotten around to playing with scrying myself yet. I use Tarot. I don't go into deep explanations on things I haven't tried myself yet because while you may find tons of people telling you the same method for doing something, that does not mean they are right. And when they are, it doesn't mean that it's the only way, or even best for that matter. I'll give you the basics of what water and black mirror scrying is though. It is having a candle as the only source of light in the room and having it so it is NOT reflected directly in whichever you are using to scry with. You then gaze into that object long enough to go into a light trance state and are able to see images in the object.

Things I would recommend before trying this: If you have not already, learn meditation. You don't have to be an expert but you have to be able to slip into trance, which is not hard. Also, study up on symbology as often times what you see will be more of interpreting symbology. Although, sometimes, you may have full-fledged visions from it.
SingingCanyon

Post by SingingCanyon »

Thank you very much. The practice of not giving advice about things you have not yet experienced is a wonderful idea.
Bring me your peace,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

You're welcome. And that's how I've always felt. Glad you agree.

Return to “General Divination”