CONSTANTINE!!! You opinions???

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

CONSTANTINE!!! You opinions???

Post by wiccachicken »

OK so one of m favourite movies ever is Constantine with Keanu Reeves. Ok, so It's about Christianity....but it shows Christianity in a darker light and also has a lot of dark themes. I love it....doesn't bullsh*t about...and it has a pretty valid storyline....

I think it's a fantastic film. You thoughts and opinions???

xxxxxx )o( xxxxxxx
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I enjoyed the movie. I've always been very interested in any kind of movie/book that had to do with angels, demons, and the like, especially when they truely show Lucifer. The movie was pretty good, but I thought it moved a slightly off-key.
It was pretty good in the dark themed area of Christianity, though I'm sure it pissed a lot of people off, like my parents, lol.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I thought it was a good movie. Gabriel was just the best, i loved her.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

You should try the graphic novels. John Constantine is English in the original stories. I liked the film.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Yep, I liked the comix better, too. :-)
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

The comics were good, and I thought the Peter Stormare was a bad ass devil.

It was also neat to have Gavin from Bush in there as well ^_^
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

I love this movie.

This is the shallow part of me talking, but I thought it was really cool how Gabriel was wearing those hospital bracelets. Honestly, what's better than an insane "half-breed?" :roll:

But, it did kind of make me a little queasy; the scene where Lucifer pulls out Constantine's lungs. I guess that's just because I'm a smoker, though, and it just brought my impending doom to light.
*this is me with a guilty conscience & black lungs infested with cancer*
captainuniverse

Post by captainuniverse »

What i like most in the movie is the faith of the guy. Though he is about to give up but he face the evil and kill.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I had never seen an exorcist as an action hero before I watched this movie. It drew a chuckle from me when I saw the brass knuckles with images of crosses on them, the crossbow with holy water in the arrows, etc. This was before I discovered the TV series "Supernatural" so it was a first for me, a far cry from the chanting priests in "The Exorcist." I think it focused on the dark side specifically of Catholicism rather than Christianity as a whole. (Stephen King was the expert on showing the dark side of varying forms of Protestant religions.)
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

it was a great movie but there were things about i thought myself was wrong like mamon needing gods help to cross over according to my research mamon would need help from someone who is blessed from god to crossover not god himself he would need to find someone that was an important spiritual figure as like jesus but not jesus himself but then again its just a movie for entertainment and Gabriel was great character to have in that movie and i like how they portrayed Gabriel's female side people dont usually acknowledge that
Fionn The Mutt

Re: CONSTANTINE!!! You opinions???

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

The movie's a good one, but if you've read the comics, then the experience doesn't live up to the source material.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”