Are Fairies like that?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Are Fairies like that?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

In my village, a lot of old ladies, say stories about fairies and stuff, but one of them is not so much of a liar, so here is her story, that I know remembered, she said a woman from our village (she said her name, but I won't say it here, there is no point) woke up very early morning (3-4 am) so she can go for the olives, thats what people doing here in Greece, when its about olives, anyway she had to pass by a river, and she hear women laughing and having fun, she took a peek, and she saw three beautiful women dancing and laughing, one of them saw her, and went close to her and gave her a hug and she lost her voice after that, for two days! now the old lady told me they were fairies, but I'm finding hard to understand that fairies would stold the voice of someone, I thought they were loving creatures/entities, anyway this story is old, but I remembered it and I wanted to ask, could those women be succubis probably?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
arpgme

Re: Are Fairies like that?

Post by arpgme »

This seems more like spirits than fairies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, therapy, can you please fill the void?
Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?
Nobody's perfect and I stand accused
For lack of a better word, and that's my best excuse
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Yeah thats what I think too, I mean when she told me those stories, I wasn't into witchcraft, but she seemed to believe them.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

In old times people thought fairies stole children and jewels etc They would give a child a different name from it's birth to its first year so fairies couldn't steal it away, and in some cultures people would give their child one name in public and one at home so that they would never be stolen from them. They would also trick people just look at the myth of the changeling child. So I don't thin k it's all that surprising that she would believe that one tale.
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I agree with AutumnMaidens. Fairies are not known to be always helpful or good.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Fairies are mischievous sprites, who would take a voice as a joke, or anything else if it suited their fancy. AutumnMaidens and JBRaven are correct, many folkloreish tales warn caution when dealing with fairies. Heck one of the greatest playwrights in all history wrote a tale that shows how dangerous their help can be. A Mid Summers Night Dream by Shakespeare deals with the love of some youths who run into Oberon/Auberon the king of the fairies and his servant the mischievous Puck not to mention his wife Titania.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”