"Whistle blowing witch grounded by TSA"

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
orestes903

"Whistle blowing witch grounded by TSA"

Post by orestes903 »

I found this article http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41959553/ ... oday_news/ I guess certain things will never change. It's sad that "adults" can bully people like this and still complain about the bullying at schools. What is your opinion about this?

Orestes
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: "Whistle blowing witch grounded by TSA"

Post by JBRaven »

It is a sad fact that Wiccans and others of PAgan paths, can not get the same protection under the EOA. I fear it will never change because Pagans don't unite andfight for it.
firegirl

Re: "Whistle blowing witch grounded by TSA"

Post by firegirl »

Wow, that really is sad. What good little christians they were, punishing her that way. If people just took a moment to try to learn about someone else maybe they would see the other person is nothing to be scared of. The same thing goes for any religion. I've heard adults talking about "that terrorist guy" while pointing to a man in a turban.
This woman had a history of bringing light to security issues and that was a big issue. Then because she is supposedly different from the others they were unreasonable fearful of her. Combine a muckraker and someone who is different, and you get a scapegoat. Way to go, TSA, way to go...

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”