my black cat...M.I.A.

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.

my black cat...M.I.A.

Post by Guest »

my beloved cat got out(with 3 kids & open doors i have a heck of a time keeping him in)& got in a fight that turned into a festering wound that i promptly took him to the vet to fix.
i have the kind of vet who yells at you when your animal gets sick,you know?i've changed vets a few times & always end up with this same jerk.
anyway,they treated the infection but told me he had a host of other problems.
before the infection he seemed content & my husband is NOT a cat person..& i don't have an income so when the bill got close to 1000$ he told me to bring it home.
i gave him his meds & cleaned out his wounds gave him lots of love but pissed him off w/ a special diet & a cone on his head which i finally took off as the feline was miserable.
yesterday at dawn he was up...i gave him some of his own food & he seemed fine...he went somewhere in the house...i know he never got outside...& i really really think he just died.
i'm devastated & need to search the house to find him.
i'm puzzled as he seemed to be improving.
the doc even wanted me to bring him back yesterday but i never found him.
shit.
i don't really know what i'm asking but i've tried all the conventional places to look & ways to look.
is there some meditation or conversation or totem i could turn to to find him.
this is heartbreaking & i don't want the kids to find him.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I'm so sorry to hear of your distress. I don't know of any meditations that could help you find your cat, but just remember, you don't know for sure that he is dead.
It's mating season and it is quite plausible that he is busy with a female cat and will return home to you when he's done. Believe me when I say that he could and would find a way to get outside during this time of year.
This happened with my tom cat in England, he was gone for 2 weeks before coming back, so please try not to worry too much.

hedge

Post by Guest »

thanks...actually he's neutered.
but i do think it is possible that he could've snuck out yesterday.
i had alot of children over.
they are so smug at the vet's office when they chastise you for allowing your cat out of doors.
as if i could stop him.
the most i can do is catch him.
anyway...if he did get out its possible someone else(his other family...my husband says)fed him the food he likes,or even possibly,saw his wound & took him to another vet.
needless to say even the kids took a personal day off from school(& fight with eachother relentlessly)
i'll just feel better when i find him.
my home has many hiding places & i'd hate fot the children to find him.you know?
thanks tho...i feel better hearing your confidence....sus

Post by Guest »

:lol:UPDATE.
i opened the closet(the deep deep one that i already looked in.)
& guess who strolls out.
he must've been so exhausted he fell into a 2 day sleep that resembled a coma.
so...i gave him his meds & now he hates me :roll:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

So alls well that ends well :D
I'm glad for you.

hedge
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

*lol* That reminds me of a time I thought I'd lost one of my cats. I'd accidently closed him up in the bathroom....

Post by Guest »

hey...its a good thing its chilly today.
with the warm weather coming i'd rarely have a reason to open that closet!
Orion

Post by Orion »

And this is why you should all own dogs. They don't get trapped in bathrooms and closests :P. Plus they're more lovable and less prissy. And for vegitarians, dogs are better... cats have to have meat products :P
Therefore, you should all adopt a dog. Cat problems all solved :)
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.

Post by Guest »

i see your point....actually i tried using the dog to sniff out the cat.
ooh...lookey..i have an avatar...looks just like me too
Orion

Post by Orion »

Another one of those nifty dolls, lol
At least you don thave a cat like my sister-in-law. Mean little cat that took a few days to stop circling me when I slept over there for a week, lol.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I'm so glad you found your kitty, Sheherazade. Reading through these posts, I had all kinds of ideas running through my head to share with you, and I'm so glad to see he came back to you from the closet. (...There are so many dirty joke possiblities there... oh my.) :oops:

Now that the finicky kitty is back, you might want to search the ground and clothes in that that closet for "business".... ewww...

Yep, dog's don't make "business" in the closets.... :28: I'm a dog fan, but I love all animals. It's just that kitties are so aloof... I need some slobbery-licks and fur all over me to feel loved. :28:

~BB~
Rabbit145

Re: my black cat...M.I.A.

Post by Rabbit145 »

I'm glad you found him. :D
See, everybody says that cats are very aloof, but every cat I have ever met has run right up to me and rubbed itself all over my legs. I love cats dearly, but I'm alergic, so I can't get one...yet. I'm still looking for a solution to this problem hahaha.

Return to “Animals and Pets”