Tarot question...

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Greek_Male_Witch

Tarot question...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I have some questions about tarots, first when I bought my first tarot deck, my readings were accurate, and they still are, so I thought the cards have some power in them, I mean you get my point, maybe the images that are painted are magically charged, but when I had to do a reading for myself and I was bored to go and unpack my cards (I hide them from the others) I went to that llewelyn free tarot reading and I tried there, the reading was accurate and even now that I sometimes use the online free tarot reading it still works! so my question is, is the divination a power coming from me after all? or the cards have their own power?

what do you think?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
AutumnMaidens

Re: Tarot question...

Post by AutumnMaidens »

As with any divination 'tool' it is just that, a tool. I think it is a tool filled with symbols you can 'read' and the person that reads it makes what the outcome is. So, to anwser your question I think that it is you who read the cards and so the 'power' comes from you.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

I think you are going to find a variety of opinions on this. Its nice to learn what everyone else thinks,

My personal opinion is that the energy/ power is there, "we" are not powerful.. we just learn how to "use" the power. I look at cards as a tool for our intuition to read the energy better. I think we can of course "charge things with our intent" .. that would be why one person may have a rock in their front yard and it can be nothing but decoration... when another person can have a rock in their front yard and look at it as a holder of wisdom, walk up to it and feel the energy in it etc. maybe its always there but we need to recognize it.. its hard to say if we make it special, or if it is already. What a great question. I look forward to hearing other opinions on it.
I AM
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

presentcharisma yeah I thought the card had the power but could that power be transferred through an online reading? when I say online, its virtual, cards are on screen and you do the reading...mine got pretty accurate even though it was online, so I thought I might have the power, BUT I also feel my cards are more than a "tool", I can't explain it!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm way attatched to all of my tools. I spend aaaages choosing them and I feel that everyone of them is tuned to me so I know how you feel
I feel more comfortable reading my own cards, partly because of that and partly because they're what I learned with, I can work of the pictures rather than having to check the side or count the wands lol

but I think it's accurate because with most divination you are tapping into your subconcious [or that's how it seems for me anyway] and therefore whatever your cards the reading will be accurate if that makes sense ... but when you use your own cards I guess they can trigger that part of you or open it up

my interpretation anyway, I know other people see the power as being in the cards more than in the reader
xx
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

I definately think your energy will increase the usefullness of the tools.
I AM

Return to “Tarot Talk”