Tarot Readers: Favorite Spread?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
NightRose
Banned Member

Tarot Readers: Favorite Spread?

Post by NightRose »

This one is for all you tarot readers out there (professional or just for fun), which spread do you prefer or like the best? And why is it that one?
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

I find the spreads that work best for me are the 3 card spread for questions, and a seven card horseshoe spread for a reading.

I am still an amature when it comes to reading the cards, although I have been doing it for friends and work collegues for a few years, but only a couple of times a yer.

I used to give readings in another forum which the owner decided to close due to personal reasons.

I have not yet offered to read here just yet, as I want to be settled in life.
My job role may be changing before December, and I have to acquire new skills to enable this change to happen.....
Joelle

Post by Joelle »

I do best with the Celctic Cross. It seems to provide a story line. I find it interesting that the last card is usually a major arcana or court card which to me signifies the completion of the story.

I don't seem to do well with fewer cards. Maybe I just need practice.

The Alistair Crowley deck has me interested now. I think I will do some checking around.
Love & Light
Jo
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

I prefer drawing three or five cards. The amount depends on how I feel and the most I have ever drawn was 13.
WhiteMagicWoman

Post by WhiteMagicWoman »

Here's a link to an online Tarot reading place that I use:

http://www.facade.com/tarot/

Whether online or with physical cards, I like doing three-card readings.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I tried that website... and I didn't like my reading.

I got the death card as my last card.

Now I'm freaking out.

:(

Me no likey the death card.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

*Me pats Sally on the head *
Death looks scary but the meaning of the death card is rarely death-death.
The meaning is metaphorical, for one must lose his identity as one thing (die) in order to be born again as something else.
A more correct word would be transformation.
example: the little worm "dies" for the butterfly to be "born" !!
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Oh yes, do not panic. The death card just means that something in your life is about to change, not necessarily that anyone is going to die. Those crazy things really only happen in bad horror films.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Well actually the Death card has the reaper as an image for a reason, once i did a reading for a neigbourhood girl and i got really bad cards. The same thing went on for many weeks during summer vacation, and then her grandpa was run over by a truck and her dad died of cancer.
I kept on getting the tower and death and the hanged man in her cards in the most scary positions.
She said i did it on purpose...
Thats the only time i had anything like that happen with my readings!!
scary!
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

That is freaky!
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

If I saw the Tower reversed and the Death card in the same reading I would be pretty concerned. HOWEVER, one does not need to be freaked out by the cards. Remember, they are not written in stone.

As far as spreads, I have to go with the good old Celtic Cross ;)
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I was like 14-15 when that happened and it was kind of scary for me :)
Now i know a bit better..(bit) :P
recently i am going with 3 cards spread, and sometimes i have to open 1-2 more if the meaning isnt clear enough .
scorpioleah

Post by scorpioleah »

Hard question to answer, depends so much on what the question is or if it's a general reading.
If its a question I tend to not stick to a spread but pull however many cards I "feel" is right, some times it can be one or sometimes ten.
I use mostly celtic cross for general readings.
I have also been doing the past life spread recently
roseonfire

Re: Tarot Readers: Favorite Spread?

Post by roseonfire »

I am starting to be drawn more and more to my Empathic spread, which I have placed on the forums if anyone wants to check it out and add their thoughts on it. I like this one because I feel I can get more out of it in most cases that I can with the Celtic Cross layout. I get a little more detail from this one and to me the readings seem less vague, which is always a plus.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
Nixie

Re: Tarot Readers: Favorite Spread?

Post by Nixie »

The spreads I use most often are the Celtic Cross and Mystic 7 Spreads. But I do a 5 card daily spread as well as 3 card spreads. Mostly I do what feels right at the time of the reading.

Return to “Tarot Talk”