Your First Stone. . .

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Azure*Skye

Post by Azure*Skye »

GenevieveDawn,
I have always believed that when A stone disappears and then suddenly returns it because you didn't reqire it and then you do...It happens to me all the time. I bet if we did a poll on this subject, it has probably happened to most of us...Our little friends are awfuly intelligent...why do you think Moonstone does this to you.? It's interesting that that one particular stone does'nt stay with you.

BSP,
I'll try to get a good shot for you...it may be blurry :roll: :)

bb to you all
Azure
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Yes Gen, Azure is right.

This has happened to me as well and I always think that it is a miracle when the stone is found again. One of my favourite stones of all time is Infinite (pronounced INFI-KNIGHT). I have acquired many pieces and each one is quite unique in character. I often sleep with this stone under my pillow (inside the sham so it does not fall off the bed). One morning I awoke and I always grab for the stone first thing, as it helps me remember dreams etc.. Well, one day the piece was gone. It simply vanished. I turned the bedroom upside down looking for it, to no avail. Then, I knew I had to wait. I dunno why, just knew. It was missing for three weeks, then on Beltane morning, I awoke and there it was--under my pillow! Of course it wasn't even the same bedding. It was a miracle, in my opinion. It needed to go to another place for a while and I am not surprised as Infinite is one of the best healing stones on earth (and perhaps in other dimensions too!). So, when these things happen, know that you are doing your service to the light, even though you may not know how this service is being provided. We are caretakers of our stones, not owners. They will outlive us, just as they pre-existed us by aeons. Trust that your stones know what they are doing as they are by far older and wiser than we are.

Blessings,

bsp
cascadingmoonbeams

Onyx

Post by cascadingmoonbeams »

Hello to everyone. This is one of my first posts in this forum. I just felt that I needed to share my thoughts and opinions on this. First of all my first stone was onyx. I found it in a box of costume jewlery and I thought I have to have it. I dont really know what it does but I do know that it is one of the stones for my zodiacal sign as well as my planet. I just found that to be relatively odd. Also my friend has sensed that this stone is good for me because of something that happened while she was here and she told me this. I would just like to know anyone elses thoughts and opinions on this and also what my stone means.

Luv~
Manda
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

black onyx is a wonderful grounding stone.
it helps one with being master of his own fate.
it repels negative energy from others.
it's a great stone for inventors & entrpenuers.
it aids in "letting go & in changes in our lives & environments.
it keeps away bothersome emotional entanglements
as for health its helpful with blood & bone disorders,teeth,feet,glaucoma & epilepsy.
hope i helped.
i'm sure there's alot more about this stone that someone else can tell you.
cascadingmoonbeams

thank you

Thank you very much. I actually knew nothing about it before except that it was my stone and i was drawn to it. so thank you very much you have helped alot.
being-singular-plural

Yes, Sheherazade is correct, black onyx is quite a special stone indeed. I have a piece that I use often. One time I was chatting with a bunch of stone junkies like myself and I foolishly and impetuously claimed that Black Tourmaline offers better protection and repulsion of harmful energy than black onyx. When I came home, I looked at my big pile of stones on a display plate and the first one I saw was my black onyx. He was upset with me! He wanted to prove that he could offer as good a shield as black tourmailne. The show-down was on! Sure, enough, onyx can do just as good of a job, but its energy has more zest in the way it goes about forming a personal shield. Hence, it is a stone associated with Leo and the power of the sun (a black sun of sorts), but it's strength also comes from the hardness and duty driven nature of Saturn (Capricorn). Thus, in my opinion, black onyx is a must have for any practitioner of stone therapies. Cool stuff Cascadingmoonbeams!

Blessings,

bsp
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I bought a few stones a couple of years ago, and for a while I used them a lot. I liked to pick one for the day and keep it with me in my pocket to "get to know" it. Its been a very long time since I've handled them, and reading this thread as reminded me of my little stone friends. I think I'll start taking them around with me again! *lol*

I got all of them together on a trip to a rock store. I think I was there for over an hour, chosing the ones that spoke to me the most. It was fun. :D These are the ones that I have: citrine, hematite, snowflake obsidian, azurite, peridot, smoky quartz, sodalite, apache tear, ruby, garnet, tiger eye, and my favorite one, malachite. (I love malachite!)
cascadingmoonbeams

My grandmother

Yes besides it's protection powers my black onyx belonged to my grandmother. Whenever I would need help she was always there for me. But she died a couple of years ago :cry: and since I found this stone I feel like I'm connected to her somehow. I also believe that it may have more protection power for me at least because it has my grandmothers energy in it. This is also the reason I believe I was drawn to it in the first place.

Luv,
Manda
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

My favs are hematite, tigers eye, carnelian and amethyst. Hematite never gets lost. Think it knows a Virgo needs it. I lost an amethyst in Jan, must have needed to be returned, I recently got a new one and am very happy with it.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Dawn Faerie

Post by Dawn Faerie »

I can't rmember the first crystal i had - when i was about 3 or 4 my mum used to call me ceridwen-crystal-collecter becuase i wondered around outside with a little pouch full of crystals and stones, searhcing for more. i still have a piece of rose quartz that i someone has given me then. but in recent years i haven't been so close to crystals and stones as i used to be :( But recently i have began finding lots of quartz crystals that sort of call out to me. My favorite crystal at the moment is amathyst - i'm not quite sure why, but it might be becuase its PURPLE! :D
Hera#76

My first stones

Post by Hera#76 »

My very first stones were bought when I was 15. I had to have Rose quartz and amethyst. They are very smooth and polished however. I still have both these stones which are sat beside my bed. When I feel stressed I hold them in my hands and feel their smoothness and coolness, it is very soohting. I am not entirely sure what their original healing powers should be, but they work for me anyway.
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

The first one I ever had was a bright blue Howlite. I liked it because it was pretty (I was about 6) but it comes in VERY handy now, as I have a baaaaad temper.
Psionic_Rat

Post by Psionic_Rat »

My first crystal, a clear quartz that I got a long time ago, before I even began to think of Wicca in a possitive light. It's very clear and chipped severely in places but I do remember holding it very tightly when I first found it. It had been laying on a blanket with rows of other cyrstals a man was selling at the farmer's market. I never before or after was so adiment about getting a crystal or stone. And even though I don't know exactly how to use it yet, I've had it for a very long time and it's very special to me regardless.
being-singular-plural

See, I love stories like that. Yes clear quartz is considred the most evolved of crystals. It will enhance and maginfy your energy field up to 10x, depending on the clarity. It is used to clear and enegize the chalras as well as great at storing information, through energetic vibration. It may need to cleansed fromt ime to time, and you shouldn't be around all hours of the day, but it can do wonders for the aura and etheric energies surrounding your body, which, in turn, help soothe, heal and energizse the body and mind. Clear quartz is one of the most precious gifts of the earth because of its diversity. Quartz is running the chips in this computer so I can type this message. Clocks run on quartz energy and the metaphysical healing properties of this stone are virtually endless. Enjoy it, Psionic Rat!

bsp
RyuKitsune

Post by RyuKitsune »

My first stone was a large, big enough to fill your entire hand. I got this stone when I was maybe seven only. My next stone was actually a ring I found. I know that the ring isn't belonging to anyone. It's a small band with a little Amyethest in the middle, and three tiny crystals on wither side. I had lost it a couple months ago, and, very recently, it was found on my carpet by a friend of mine. For some reason, It remeinds me somehow of Italian Witchcraft. Then, my last stone. A Tiger's Eye, I belive its called. Now, I'm not very clear on just exactly what the properties of Tiger's Eye are, so maybe if someone could tell me.. I'd very much be thankful.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”