Make your own Herb Butters

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Tylluan

Make your own Herb Butters

Post by Tylluan »

With Mabon on its way now is a great time to consider what to do with herbs that are coming to the end of their best.

Herb butters are super tasty and capture the full flavour of fresh herbs. Also they can be frozen for upto 3 months.

The method is as follows:
1) Chop the herbs and combine with soft butter and any other ingrediants of your choice.
2) Shape into a sauage. Wrap in cling film twisting the ends to seal.
3) Put them in the fridge or freezer till needed. In the fridge they will last for a week, in the freezer they can last for 3 months.

These are my favourite combinations.

Parsley Butter - an old favourite that compliments chicken or fish. Combine butter with parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.

Tarragon Butter - this is great with white fish. Mix butter with tarragon, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Mediterranean Oregano Butter - Mix butter with Oregano, Olive oil, and garlic.

Spinach and Shallot Butter - this is really warming and fabulous in soups or on jacket potatoes. Mix chopped spinach leaves, shallots, parsley, chervil and tarragon. This one smells absolutetly amazing!
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: Make your own Herb Butters

Post by Symandinome »

those sound good. Marijuana butter is good also but to make that you have to slow cook the marijuana and the butter together in a crock pot for a few hours and then you can strain it and let it solidify or you can leave the fine particles still inside. Its great to bake with and cook with. It gives food an nice earthy taste and that lil something extra ;)

Return to “Food and Recipes”