Scooby Doo

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
aquafeeta

Scooby Doo

Post by aquafeeta »

Just watched Scooby-Doo and the Witches Ghost with my son. Interesting to see Wicca in cartoons
Zili

Re: Scooby Doo

Post by Zili »

Except that there is a lot of false information about wicca like "I'm 1/16th on my mother's side" its a religion not a blood line.
aquafeeta

Post by aquafeeta »

YES!! I saw that but didnt want to go all into it on the post, lol... and Thelma is all like, SO!! Wiccan is in your blood, you will be able to do the spell!! blue_dozey
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

had a hard time finding this in the store alot of parents were actually upset about the wiccan themes.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

The simpsons have a wiccan episode also. Thus far the only two I know about but if the religion keeps growing (Since it is one of the largest growing religions in US I've heard) I wouldn't be surprised if we will be seeing more of it.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

do you have any idea what episode of the simpsons that is i'd love to see it
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I think it was called "Rednecks and Broomsticks"
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”