Joining a Coven?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Little Moon

Joining a Coven?

Post by Little Moon »

Merry Meet,
I am a little of everything you could say. I would like to learn though, and find a coven of my own. Thought I am not sure as to how to join, find or really know much of covens. If anyone could help I would be most obliged.

May Many Blessings come your way,
Little Moon
The Judge

Re: Joining a Coven?

Post by The Judge »

First place to look would be Witchvox.com they are an excellent source for information on covens and metaphysical stores. Once you figure out their layout it's a simple search for your area and then looking through the results. :)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

Thanks for the link!
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

This really depends on what path said coven follows. Gardnerian Covens have a specific initiation ritual, same with Alexandrian while others are more like a club where you sign a contract or make a vow, I've been part of one that didn't require anything like that.
Usually however it starts with a meeting between you and the Priestress (and Priest sometimes) to talk and see if you are compatible seeing as your Coven will be your family.

Hope this helps,
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”