I feel absolutely powerless and useless. HELP.

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
nature_in_control

I feel absolutely powerless and useless. HELP.

Post by nature_in_control »

I feel like the world we live in is so full of hate for one another. So much evil and destruction, and I hate living in it. Every time I try to see good, something or someone happens to go bad, and I just hate it. I watch so many cartoons that try to spread tolerance and love, and people hate on them. They don't just ignore them, they scare the fans off by bullying and tormenting them. The same happens with movies and books. I hate being grouped in with men who are greedy, emotionless, cruel antagonists, and I just want to die. I wake up every morning in a good mood and by midday it's gone to pot. I found myself smoking two cigarettes last night. TWO. And I've never touched one in my life before that. All I think about is how much I just want my life to just end.

One of the major things is that people treat animals like they're inferior. I find myself relating on so many levels to animals, and I hear about people being attacked by animals, and people say its the animals fault. It's not. It's always the humans fault. People preach about the food chain. How the effing hell does that justify hunting for sport, for fun? I just can't go on living like this, looking at mankinds greedy side and just thinking I'm the same as them.
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
Zili

Re: I feel absolutely powerless and useless. HELP.

Post by Zili »

First of all lets calm down and think about this all the way through.

Answer the following questions so we can have a better perspective on the situation.
1) Why do you feel like you are grouped with men who are "greedy, emotionless, cruel antagonists"?
2) Describe an average day in full for us so we can understand what goes on before everything has "gone to pot."
3) Does everyone treat animals as inferior beings?
4) Is this more about you feeling bad that you can't help animals than it is about feel like your life is useless?

Not all men are cruel, there are tons of good men out there stop focusing on the generalizations because media and social networks love to showcase the negatives. Something has to happen in your daily routine to put you in a sour mood each afternoon trace your steps backwards or start keeping a journal and write when you feel down and why you feel down. If you feel bad for animals that are treated like dirt volunteer at an animal shelter don't worry about changing humans some will change and others wont, focus on the animals who need your love and attention.

As for hunting, not all hunters hunt for sport. My friend's family are all hunters but they use every piece of the animal they can, if they cant they donate it to people who can, such as the hides, my friends eat the meat and leave some out for other animals that come to their home starving (they've rescued two foxes and a coyote) Besides rescuing those two starving animals they have also rescued a family of raccoons, countless cats that neighbors have tried to drown, and a baby deer who's mother was hit by a car. If they don't use all the meat they collect when hunting for their own food they'll feed some of it to the starving carnivorous animals that come lurking around their place for shelter. I have a friend in south carolina who has a deal with a friend's father who owns a butcher shop. When the animals are skinned instead of throwing out the skins with other unused parts he gives them to his daughter and my friend and they make clothing, drums, and other items from them or they'll soft mount them (making them realistic yet soft stuffed animals.) Its better than letting the skin go to waste. I have another friend in romania who uses animal bones from his friends' kills to make jewelry including protection amulets. And most people who attempt to use every bit also say a prayer of thanks to either their God for providing or to the animal itself for giving up its life to sustain theirs. Not everyone is a cruel heartless monster.

Are you the same as those who let greed take over? If so you wouldn't be here posting this you'd be out there being greedy. I don't think you want to commit suicide, smoking wont kill you quickly it takes a long time (this coming from a former smoker who smoked 2-3 packs a night for a year, you'd think I'd be dead now but i'm not no instead I have asthma lol.) You're stressed out because you want to do more, so instead of smoking cigarettes, get up and go do something! Volunteer in your local animal shelter or see if a zoo around the area needs volunteers. Go to a soup kitchen and feed the hungry.

I once read something similar to the chicken soup for the soul books (christian books of inspiration and encouragement) maybe it was one of them but it was about a church going man who realized his wiccan neighbor wasn't evil, but a woman with a kind and gentle heart. She visited a local church and after services spoke to the priest who always asks when he sees her if she's thought any more about joining the church her answer was always a polite "no sir, I'm happy where I am." or something to that affect. The priest asked her what her plans for that Sunday were and she told him she was going to gather ingredients for a witch's brew. She asked her neighbor (the one who wrote the story) to join her and help her so he could see and understand her faith. The first stop was visiting an elderly lady at a nursing home who's grandchildren were too far away to visit her. The three had tea and good conversation. Next they went to the grocery store, the narrator thought he was finally going to see a witch brew a potion, but instead they took the groceries to the local soup kitchen and they cooked for the hungry and homeless then served them. They did good deeds all day. Finally the narrator asks his neighbor if she was actually going to make a witch's brew. She answered by saying that she already had, she brewed positive energy into the world through her acts of kindness and he did too.

So go and be like them if you feel the world is too negative, add your own positive energy into the world's cauldron.
midnightstar

Re: I feel absolutely powerless and useless. HELP.

Post by midnightstar »

Sadly some people really don't care about others, I've seen the aftermath when people decide to attack animals and emotionally or physically damage them :evil:

I suspect my first cat wasn't treated right by people because of how afraid she was of everything that moved - constantly on edge blue_flee

So yeah I know where you are coming from ::hug::

Return to “Mental Health”