Yule!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
BaeTheWitch

Yule!

Post by BaeTheWitch »

This year is my first Yule and I was wondering what traditions I could add to mine. So what are you guys doing for Yule? :D
raynelae

Re: Yule!

Post by raynelae »

I'm going to make my own spin on the Yule log by decorating a tree branch with solar symbols and using a candle for the fire...as I have no fireplace. It will be used in my Yule ritual :) aside from that, I'll probably do some other little Yule activities. Of course, much of the Yule season is spent with family because of Christmas celebrations, so I'm trying to keep it simple. I'm excited though and I'll add to this when I know for sure what I'm doing lol :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ahhhh so many to choose from.
1.) Stay up all night Solstice Eve. and Greet the Sun on Solstice morning
2.) Do a mock birthing ritual
3.) Have a battle between the Oak King and the Holly King
4.) Have everyone in the circle hold a candle, you wait in silence in the pitch dark, then...from the East a match sparks, the first candle is lit in the East and you pass the light on to the person on the left, 'till you have gone all the way round, singing a Sun song of some kind. ..Or... as each candle lights..hold an om tone...that is pretty splendid when you have a bunch of people, and it's a great way to raise your cone of power, (so ask for peace or something first!)
5.) Decorate ornaments with empowering affirmations.
6.) Bon -fire to throw papers with wishes for the new cycle.
7.) Secret gift exchange (set price limit)
8. decorate a tree in the wilderness with animal friendly food (berries, fruits, nuts, seed balls) do your ritual around the tree.
9.) Sing songs
10.) Make yule incense...charge with the energy of new growth
11.) Decorate a Yule log with a healing and protective spell for the home
!2.) Gather mistletoe and form it into a love, good will, and longevity charm, tie with red ribbon...hang in the house

Well there is some 12 days of Yuletide for you...back later! Brightest Blessings for a special and sacred holiday season,
Firebird Flys!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

Oh My Goddess! These all sound like so much fun! I am sooooooo trying these out. Thank you so much!
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Firebird, amazing words of wisdom, as always! :) I think the staying up all night solstice eve sounds like an amazing idea...it is great for the in-the-broom-closet people who can't have a ritual due to privacy issues as well because it allows them to celebrate while everyone else is asleep. Oh, and please everyone, this is going to be a special Yule because we'll be entering the age of Aquarius, so everyone send some positive energy into the world through the Yule ritual! We need it as a whole!!!!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

I thought the Age of Aquarius starts during the 24th century?
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

We begin shifting on Yule of 2012 :)
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

ooh. ok lol
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Quiet one for me. Have a holly wreath hung on my door, will be going out for a meal with the family to celebrate, big feast :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Blessed peace of the Goddess be forever in our hearts, she gives birth to the infant Sun...
Happy Solstice to All!! We'll see you on the other side :D
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Happy Yule!!! Things feel great!
Celticgladiator

Yule!

Post by Celticgladiator »

Good Yule to you all!! Hail!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”