Samhain and letting go...

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Samhain and letting go...

Post by Firebird »

Happy Hallows to ALL...
We have come to the time of the cycle when we can just let it all go...

Gather a hand full of acorns, and bring your self through a "becoming the oak" meditation. Assign your issues to each acorn. As you feel the weight of your burden become heavier in each seed,...let it go....along with the problem. One by one ... drop the acorns. Bring your self back into your body, and "TaDa!" WELCOME ...to the New Year!
May you all have a Sacred and Spiritual Samahain.
Blessings, firebirdfly
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Re: Samhain and letting go...

Post by raynelae »

I'm bumping this post because it's so great! Thanks Firebird! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oaks are kind of the official tree where I live. They're everywhere, a Druid's paradise, lol. This wonderful exercise could be done anytime of the year (and with any other "tool" besides acorns, folks), but the Samhain aspect makes it a special treat for that time of year. Traditions like that are beautiful.

One New Year's I did a similar thing as this, only the opposite. I took a basket of fruit and held each one, meditating on something I'd like to happen that coming year. We can shape/mold the energy of the coming year with intention; we can do this each month, too. A certain god popped up in the air above me after that ritual, as if to say, "I will remove obstacles out of your way so that these things will come to pass this year." It was quite magical, and it turned out to be a very "fruitful" year that year, pun intended. :wink:

This is a poetic post, as usual FF. I enjoyed reading it. It has the vibe of a blessing to all. Like most of your posts, just reading over it was cleansing and uplifting --your spirit behind the words makes it so, your intention. Thank you so much.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks Kassandra...
I like that filling the basket of fruit idea for spring...then EAT it!!! Do you mind if I steal this idea for a May Day Rite? Being the polar opposite!
bring in....let go...bring in...let go...
Blessings, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:Thanks Kassandra...
I like that filling the basket of fruit idea for spring...then EAT it!!! Do you mind if I steal this idea for a May Day Rite? Being the polar opposite!
bring in....let go...bring in...let go...
Blessings, Firebird
Steal away, lol. That's why we're all here ...to share.

I plan to incorporate the letting go with acorns into my routine sometime soon, as well. Using acorns as a healing "ingredient" energetically imparts to the event a unique "sense of place" since oaks are special to this region, making it more meaningful, I think. I love the idea.

The "Woman of the Grinding Rock" incident I mentioned in this thread touches on that. Acorns were a staple food for the native people here. The grinding rock was a place where women and girls would hang out, talk, laugh, gossip, elder ones would instruct younger ones (yes, they probably gave them "relationship advice," like the wise crone gave me the day I visited, lol). For thousands of years such rocks served as a kind of community center, sort of a "Star Bucks" for ancient Indians, lol.

Here's the metaphor that came to my mind regarding "letting go" with acorns: The women would have to "leach out" the bitter tannins of the acorn skins by boiling the pulp after grinding the acorns on the grinding rock. Only then could the pulp could be edible, and used as flour for bread, porridges, etc.

So, the form of the acorns had to be "transmuted" before they could be useful. In the same way, we transmute the energy of the things we need to let go of; in other words, we retain the healthy wisdom and knowledge we gain from our experiences. Like the acorns did for physical bodies, wisdom provide nutrients for our spirits and minds. But for it to be truly useful, we have to "leach out" the bitterness that comes with certain experiences. Otherwise we carry around grudges, anxieties, bad vibes, etc., and the wisdom that could have been useful to use is overlooked. The ritual of "letting go" with the acorns instructs our spirits to let go of anger, or guilt, or hurt, or any other energy that no longer serves us after we have processed and sufficiently worked through them.

I don't know, just a thought, my going off on a tangent again, lol.

The "becoming the oak" meditation you mentioned...would you mind elaborating on that, please? I have my ideas for that, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it (and anyone else's, too!). Much appreciated.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:fairy:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”