Dropping Blossoms

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Ironriver

Dropping Blossoms

Post by Ironriver »

Hi everyone,
I am having issues with a few of my plants in my garden this year well just one in particular my tomato plant, I have babied this thing for the better part of a year and all of the sudden the blossoms all dropped and while it continues to grow it won't produce and blossoms no blossoms=no tomatoes. Sooo I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem with their garden
-Blessed Be
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dropping Blossoms

Post by Firebird »

I hear ya! there is nothing more frustrating than a plant all bloomed out then ...bu-bye, the blossoms fall :evil: I'm not really sure what causes that, I have had tomatoes some years and others not so much. I also have a lemon tree that does this, it looks wonderful ..smells great, I think yeah!, lemons this year, but no. I have had that tree for 5 years now...not one lemon ...Anyone? Ironriver and I are confounded.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Ironriver

Post by Ironriver »

It's just kinda frustrating I babied these plants for quite a while and by the time it will fruit the tomatoes will taste like garbage because summer is coming to a quick end.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Fill the bottom of the pot with soil. Add fish blood and bones. Cover with an inch of soil. Mix together. Cover with another inch of soil. Plant plant.

It seems to help give that extra boost when the plant is getting tired from all that growing its been doing. Works on my herbs, fruit bushes and normal plants. Yes, I do this as with all my plants. And I use a store bought product labeled as fish, blood and bones. My nan wont let me make my own ><
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Bat poop. Chicken poop. Poop works too.

Poop. Just one more time.
Ironriver

Post by Ironriver »

interesting I never thought of using a blood or bone meal, I'm kinda adverse to using manure of any kind though I had a bad experience with a fish emulsion that we sold at this store I work at, I can still "smell" it yuuucckkkkkk!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Laughing my arse off!!! I forget about the poop thing...we had a compost and chicken poop to fuel it at the other house... (palm plant in face)
Ya know..remember the Saturday night live skit..Bass O' Matic? ...Yep, there's your soup! Tell Nan to break out the blender! Were making (Bleeeeeep)....and as long as you use it right away...your Good, right Frozen?
I'm going fishing...
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Ironriver wrote:interesting I never thought of using a blood or bone meal, I'm kinda adverse to using manure of any kind though I had a bad experience with a fish emulsion that we sold at this store I work at, I can still "smell" it yuuucckkkkkk!
Oh god, well you wouldn't be able to do my job! I work in a Dementia Unit taking care of the lovely crazies...lets just say they don't recognise what things are all the time and will play with it. Bless 'em.
firebirdflys wrote:Laughing my arse off!!! I forget about the poop thing...we had a compost and chicken poop to fuel it at the other house... (palm plant in face)
Ya know..remember the Saturday night live skit..Bass O' Matic? ...Yep, there's your soup! Tell Nan to break out the blender! Were making (Bleeeeeep)....and as long as you use it right away...your Good, right Frozen?
I'm going fishing...
FF
Hehehe well I'm glad to help "fuel" your memory. FF are we still on for afternoon tea? I blended you a whole bass!
Ironriver

Post by Ironriver »

Wow It takes a special person to work with dementia paitents my hat goes off to you :shock:

Return to “Gardening”